Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel Nuts.

Mickm0812

Mickm0812

Hello

I have a 64 plate California and am about to make my first warranty claim. The control unit on the drivers door which controls the wing mirrors and windows has became loose, it looks as though it has been badly glued in place as have all the non slip mats around the dash. My other gripe is the wheel nuts, which have all began to rust as they are not alloy, all a bit disappointing on a premium priced vehicle. Could anyone help me source some new ones which are maybe alloy or something more durable as the present ones are spoiling the look of the van.

Thank You !

Hi
My wheel nuts came with black plastic caps already fitted, I thought they were standard? go back to your dealer & ask for a set.

Thanks Andy.

I was thinking along the lines if good quality nuts as installed on other lesser vehicles like the Vauxhall Corsa haha, and would look better with my alloy wheels.

The plastic wheel nut cover are an extra, in the past people on this forum have had them supplied FOC

Our wheel nuts corroded and we had them replaced on warranty. We also got a set of the black plastic covers.

Anyone know how much the covers are?

I bought covers from SMG and as I remember they were about £2 each. I think a complete set of 20 cost about £42. They still get dirty but better than rusty bolts!!

I bought covers from SMG and as I remember they were about £2 each. I think a complete set of 20 cost about £42. They still get dirty but better than rusty bolts!!
Do the covers fit on the security bolt/nut?

Checked my security bolt today and it is much wider than the Hexagonal standard ones.

If you buy a set you should get 16 hex shaped and four round ones for the locking nuts
20x-font-b-Wheel-b-font-Bolt-Caps-Bolt-Covers-Lug-font-b-Nuts-b-font.jpg

Anyone thought of changing the bolts altogether for new? You can get a set for less than the plastic caps!
Standard T5 size is 19mm I understand but it seems 17mm are OK too?

I just spray the bolt heads with ACF50, every few months. ScotOil is very good as well but water based so has to be applied more frequently.

I just spray the bolt heads with ACF50, every few months. ScotOil is very good as well but water based so has to be applied more frequently.
VW Toureg nut covers fit. They are chrome round and fit the security nut.

Got a set of chrome covers of ebay...Toureg ones..about £30.00.fit perfectly...and mine didn't come with any covers when i bopught mine from Petrborough..shocking service...would never go back..left a very bitter taste after spending so much money! had better service and after care buying a sofa!

Got a set of chrome covers of ebay...Toureg ones..about £30.00.fit perfectly...and mine didn't come with any covers when i bopught mine from Petrborough..shocking service...would never go back..left a very bitter taste after spending so much money! had better service and after care buying a sofa!

Link please ?

Back