Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where are all the old Cali's?

Not if it's had an owner that's had it serviced regularly, people being a bit presumptuous just because of low miles, not neglect. There's a difference.
Not much difference I’m afraid. To store a vehicle for extended periods of time is very involved. Just having it serviced every year is not good enough if it spends months and months parked up in a garage.

Maybe because the ones manufactured from 2004 I think to 2006 were left hand drive so might not have been a big uptake on them until they changed to right hand drive in 2007 Folks might not have realised about the steering wheel position and we’re slow to purchase in 2007 so maybe not to many about.
Ours was first registered in June 2007, still in superb condition and thankfully not written off:thumb

I would go along with that. We bought our 2008 in 2010 and at that time there were still very few Calis on the road in the U.K. VW still didn’t market them actively, several years after they arrived. I’ve tried to find some official stats about number of sales but I think the stats don’t separate Calis from Transporters until the 140 came along. If you look at the FB pages of the German Cali forum there seem to be more older vans in evidence. I’d guess that the numbers tell the story.

Edit: and in 2010 they were still rare enough that you would almost always have fellow campers curious to take a look at this novelty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
was it the champagne meet john

was it the champagne meet john
I think so we went a day early, you and Martin parked near each other. I think you had 2 teenagers with you. We parked away from the main campsite as I recall.
God dementia hasn't kicked in yet

Please remind me?

On reflection it was Chartres. If it was you you, drove up to us and said hi, before whizzing off either north or southwards. Late. September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so we went a day early, you and Martin parked near each other. I think you had 2 teenagers with you. We parked away from the main campsite as I recall.
God dementia hasn't kicked in yet
yes your memory is working john

2007 RHD here, still going strong on 88k, inside a little battered over the years though. Gotta love the 2.5 TDI... Curious if anyone does their own oil changes on the older vans?

We have a 2006 RHD - owned since early 2007. I think RHD models were available from middle of 2006, and the only authorised dealer was Carrs VW in Exeter. Before that you could get LHD from Deepcar or import them direct.

• Informative
Reactions: Sad
Back