Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where best to view

S

Shake n Bake

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Morning all,

Are there dealer showrooms anywhere in England with a variety of California's on display so that trim levels and options can be seen and compared?

Enthusiasm and impatience precludes waiting until the October show at the NEC and as my job takes me around the country regularly, I can reach dealerships with relative ease.

Thank you,
SB

Hi,

VW Don't have stands at any of the shows but you won't see any Cali however you will see plenty of conversions.

I would Just have a phone round all the dealers to see what they have available for you to look at.

Very few Calis in showrooms at the moment due to high demand so best to ring any dealers you are passing.
I doubt there will be any Calis at the NEC show.
Best place to see variations is at one of the Cali meets where most people will be more than happy to show you around their vehicle.

Morning all,

Are there dealer showrooms anywhere in England with a variety of California's on display so that trim levels and options can be seen and compared?

Enthusiasm and impatience precludes waiting until the October show at the NEC and as my job takes me around the country regularly, I can reach dealerships with relative ease.

Thank you,
SB
If you have the time there's a Cali meet near Weymouth, 10th September. 35 vans confirmed for the weekend. Most owners are keen to show off their Cali's. Don't know how many T6 versions will be there, but you're more than welcome to view my T5.1.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/weymouth-meet.13/

Same as above , go to one of the next meet introduce yourself to them asking if you can take a look at theire Cali's
Most ,if not all , will have no problem giving info.
Much better than going to the dealer!

Listers Van Centre in Coventry often has Californias, it is where I got my beach demo. Give them a call and ask for Justin. He is a very helpful guy.

Last time I was there a few weeks ago they had an ocean in.

Listers Van Centre in Coventry often has Californias, it is where I got my beach demo. Give them a call and ask for Justin. He is a very helpful guy.

Last time I was there a few weeks ago they had an ocean in.
15 miles from home :)

There is also a Cali meet at the weekend at Stratford, I think the site is now full but the site has a foody pub if you wanted to pop down for a couple of hours.

If you have the time there's a Cali meet near Weymouth, 10th September. 35 vans confirmed for the weekend. Most owners are keen to show off their Cali's. Don't know how many T6 versions will be there, but you're more than welcome to view my T5.1.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/weymouth-meet.13/

Excellent. Thank you. Taking keys to our new house the day before so the wife will have different designs on my time that weekend! But I shall look for other meets that I can attend shortly after.

We have just ordered an ocean. I phoned Listers in Droitwich (extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the Cali) and they got an ocean for us to look at. We were sure we wanted an ocean rather than a beach. Birmingham van centre was also able to show an ocean. Most of the options are in the van rather than the accommodation (engines, colors, etc) and we saw those on basic vans. Reading this forum was helpful in making choices too.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

There is also a Cali meet at the weekend at Stratford, I think the site is now full but the site has a foody pub if you wanted to pop down for a couple of hours.

Fantastic. Thank you

Not sure how many dealers hire but Lookers in Newcastle/Carlisle do. Might be with worth seeing if they have any that are not booked out. We had a quickly test drive of one before we hired for a few days.

Teejay

We ordered ours this morning (whoop whoop!) the vw van centre in cleckheaton (Birtsall really) just off the m62, has 2 oceans a beach and a caravelle in the showroom and a knowledgeable rep too!

Back