Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to get T4 Gas burners and grates (the bars)

P

Pairs_1871

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hellooo everyone

I am a happy owner of a 1993 T4 California since yesterday :D

However there are no gas burners or (spirit burners) and also there are no bars over the stove (grate). Does anyone know where I could get (original) replacements for these? Couldnt find any online so far.

And while I am at it: Has anyone sucessfully reduced motor noise for a T4 with a 2.4 D engine. Like with alubutyl or sound isolation? They arr quite loud haha

All the best and thanks for the help!
Stef

Hellooo everyone

I am a happy owner of a 1993 T4 California since yesterday :D

However there are no gas burners or (spirit burners) and also there are no bars over the stove (grate). Does anyone know where I could get (original) replacements for these? Couldnt find any online so far.

And while I am at it: Has anyone sucessfully reduced motor noise for a T4 with a 2.4 D engine. Like with alubutyl or sound isolation? They arr quite loud haha

All the best and thanks for the help!
Stef
Günzl bus shop might have the burner and grate?
Failing that, eBay. Try German and or Polish eBay.

Any half decent fabrication company will knock up the grate for you in stainless rod.

I can send you pics and dimensions if you need them.

Burners should be fairly standard so any camping stove might be used to cannibalise.

Regarding engine noise, under bonnet sound proofing? Does the engine under tray have the sound proofing still in tact? Never noticed it on my 2.4.

Yea you're right easyest thing is probably to use some random stoves that fit in. And for the grate I'l either order one online that fits and otherwise good idea to ask a fabrication company! Shouldn't be a big deal. Günzl (now part of mybusparts) and ebay only had the whole piece including sink so it was really expensive.

Good idea. I would put put some alubutyl on the inside of the hood and then some sound absorbing material such as foam. What woud you use? Regarding the undertray i never knew there is soundproofing inside. Might take a look and also put some alubutyl and then some sound absorbing foam there. I also heard that switching to a plastic undertray helps?

But good idea, once I get my db meter il see if under bonnet soundproofing does anything!
Thanks for the advice!

We fitted this in our T4:

(Or just turn the stereo up!)
ooo wow man thanks for the sugestion! didnt know that exists!! Will try it out.

Yep subwoofers defenetively help haha its just that on 10 hour journes you sometimes realy want some quiet haha

ooo wow man thanks for the sugestion! didnt know that exists!! Will try it out.

Yep subwoofers defenetively help haha its just that on 10 hour journes you sometimes realy want some quiet haha
Did it actualy work? I dont expect to never hear my engine but just a bit less in my face would be nice :D

Yes, obviously not silent but muffles the sound nicely.
Cool il try it out. Did you fit the whole (T4) kit? Because I have no idea how I could take off the carpet and then put it back in one piece to soundproof the cabin. Would mabye have to skip that bit (which is probably actualy quite important though haha

Cool il try it out. Did you fit the whole (T4) kit? Because I have no idea how I could take off the carpet and then put it back in one piece to soundproof the cabin. Would mabye have to skip that bit (which is probably actualy quite important though haha

Just checked. We only got the blanket + underbonnet inserts, as don’t think they did the full kit at the time.

We used another product, self adhesive silver soundproofing under the cab mat - comes in sheets and you just trim to size with scissors - used a small trim roller to stick it down. Took both seats out as fitted a split charge at the same time. (Seats come out easily as just 4 bolts on each seat).

The engine blanket and under bonnet inserts are easy to fit. From the photos it looks like some of the cab pads can be applied without taking the cab carpet out completely.

Last edited:
Back