Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which blow up awning?

Cwoods1405

Cwoods1405

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just bought my Cali and want to buy a blow up awning. I need one that attaches to the wind out canopy because I don't want to bother with those roof straps! Went to look at the Vango Kela but was not too impressed with the layout once the bedroom is up. I would welcome any suggestions​

We bought a Vango Kela last year, great design and idea, though sadly it wasn't for us. There is the 2 of us and 2 spaniels , and just wanted some extra space. We found that we just kept using it as a 'dumping' ground, for things we didn't want taking space up in the Cali. Another factor was , we felt it made the inside of the van very dark and no longer had a view when we sat inside. Great if you have a family, we have now discovered the Comfortz Awning and having used it once last weekend when on a picnic, it was up in less than 5 mins and does exactly what we had hoped it would. Bit more outside space , breeze free and lots of light too ! Not for everyone , we think its a great piece of kit, that packs away tidily and compactly. If you go to the Cali On The Farm this year, BMVS will be displaying and selling the Kela's. Don't rush into it like we did !! Good luck

We have the Outwell Hollywood Freeway blow up awning. We're very pleased with it, loads of usable space (due to the full height over all of the foot print of the awning). Leaked a tiny amount when we first used it in Croatia, (this is quite normal). We had given it a wetting with a hose pipe before using it but probably didn't get it wet enough. After the first bit of rain though no issues afterwards.Quick and easy to put up, we attatch it onto the top of the wind out awning (found out about that from on this forum), this stops it fouling the sliding door.
http://www.outwell.com/en/Products/Tents/SmartAirTouringTentCollection/HollywoodFreewayTent.aspx

Expecting delivery tomorrow of an Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Movelite 3. Loads of research to get to this point. Will post a review after first use this weekend

Hi, did you get to use your Movelite 3 at the weekend? I've been looking at awnings for a while now and this is high up on my list so would be very interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks

Back