Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Khyam?

helingbury

helingbury

VIP Member
We are soon to be the proud owners of an '07 California. We want to use it for 1 or 2 nights away at a weekend through to longer touring holidays for the 2 of us and our 2 Cockapoos!

I would like a drive away awning for times when we stay in one place but my partner is less keen, however he has agreed that a small, quick erect one might be OK!

We've pretty much decided on a Khyam but now can't decide between the Tourer and the Classic! What would you recommend? Are we overlooking anything?

Beware, this is the first of my many questions!

Thanks
H
x

I have a motordome classic and love it ...it's big enough for me the wife ,grandaughter and the 2 pugs at a push ,but its probably as long as u want to go otherwise campsites start to charge u for 2 pitches ...
I can put it up on my own and can withstand a lot if weather if needed to :)

There are others on the market and I've had a few in my vw camper days but love my motordome classic
I'm not sure on the touring is it smaller ??

I think the MD Classic would be an ideal size.

We also use a small £25-£30 pop up tent for the times when we don't take the MD. Ideal for marking your pitch if you go out for the day in the van.

We have the classics and sleepers on our hire fleet. Very good awnings, really easy to put up - under 10-15 minutes, if two of you know what you are doing - and they seem to wear well.

I havent seen the touer so I can comment, but i would recommend going for the one with the inner sleeping area, as you never know when you have friends to stay. But the bonus is when not being used as a bedroom, its great for putting your porta loo in, for those private moments....

The reason we have the sleepers is that they are the same size as the classic with two double bedroom compartments attached onto the back of it.

If youd like to see either before you buy, just come down for a coffee, would be happy to show you :D

Another MD Classic owner here - the perfect size IMO.
Dead easy to put up as the others say but i did break one of the knuckle joints last year when one of the legs got twisted somehow. The fact that they include a couple of spare joints in the bag makes me think that maybe this is quite common.