Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which rear bumper protector

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I need to protect the rear bumper of my nearly new Beach. I did apply the clear one from the club shop but I put it on in November when it was cold out and predictably it got some water under it but I'm convinced it would work better when done in warm (and dry) weather.

Are there any other alternatives worth looking at? I've also seen silver versions which would look ok on a white van (silver awning too!).

I need to protect the rear bumper of my nearly new Beach. I did apply the clear one from the club shop but I put it on in November when it was cold out and predictably it got some water under it but I'm convinced it would work better when done in warm (and dry) weather.

Are there any other alternatives worth looking at? I've also seen silver versions which would look ok on a white van (silver awning too!).
They will ALL do the job BUT attaching them is the all important bit I'm afraid.
If it is attached well it will take some work to get it off and leaving a good surface. A coloured one might be the best option if the surface is not perfect once removed.

Hot air gun or hairdryer normally used to remove such items.

I plan to leave mine uncovered until selling then fit either stainless steel or back vinyl one which would be nice and fresh for new owner.

Mine came with a stiff carbon fibre / lookalike protector which was half lifting off. Dealer replaced it with a textured black vinyl one which seems fine so far

Old one has been successfully removed and the paintwork is fine apart from minor scuff which is why I want to fit another protector. I don't think the scuff would be noticeable even under a clear protector.

I'm thinking I'll buy another clear one from the club shop and take more care applying it. Warm weather should help as well.

Old one has been successfully removed and the paintwork is fine apart from minor scuff which is why I want to fit another protector. I don't think the scuff would be noticeable even under a clear protector.

I'm thinking I'll buy another clear one from the club shop and take more care applying it. Warm weather should help as well.
When you get the new protector keep it in the house , somewhere warm. Park the Cali with bumper in the sun ideally. Wait until mid afternoon and use a hair dryer on bumper and protector prior to sticking. Also useful to have some weights to hold it firm while the adhesive sets.

When you get the new protector keep it in the house , somewhere warm. Park the Cali with bumper in the sun ideally. Wait until mid afternoon and use a hair dryer on bumper and protector prior to sticking. Also useful to have some weights to hold it firm while the adhesive sets.

Thanks, that's really useful.

I've ordered another clear bumper protector along with the film to put behind the door handles.

I'll report how I get on but will wait for a nice warm day first.

I have found the factory one to be the best. I have tried cheaper ones but found the plastic to not be as good. Also they aren't quite as long even though they are described as full width.

I fitted the protector and also the door handle protectors I ordered at the same time. Really pleased with the door handle protectors as I noticed some fine scratches behind the sliding door handle (I blame the kids!).

Bumper protector looks good as well, not perfect but no big bubbles.

Used the provided solution with a spray and also softened the stickers with a heat gun before applying. With the bumper I got the top surface applied then used the heat gun to try and get it around the sharp edge, stressful but went ok in the end.

iq5r7qh1QWCx+onCKXcWdQ.jpg

lrEF15srQtq36xcmkKiaCA.jpg

Hello ,looks v good, which dealer fitted the rear bumper protector? Do you have the rear bottom plastic sill protected as you open rear tailgate as also vulnerable to scuffs?
OHereford VW van centre fitted, only have the bumper protector

Back