Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who knew

capt kirk

capt kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
On the t6 after owning for 3 and a half years and after losing many down the dash top into the void behind the dash today i found the parking ticket holder built into the dash. Doh

You can get a rubber strip that fills in the gap between the dash and the windscreen, all the van suppliers do them plus eBay and Amazon. Once installed nothing slips down that gap.

Well I never!! What a great idea. Should be fit as standard really but I realise that the VW Cali is a cut price vehicle. ;)

Same on the T5. First time I spotted it I used it to hold the ticket I'd bought to park in Hyde Park. I came back to a parking ticket. When I challenged it the photo taken by the warden clearly showed the ticket in the holder in the middle of the dash. The ticket was cancelled, but I was told that in future I should display my ticket in a more prominent position.

Same on the T5. First time I spotted it I used it to hold the ticket I'd bought to park in Hyde Park. I came back to a parking ticket. When I challenged it the photo taken by the warden clearly showed the ticket in the holder in the middle of the dash. The ticket was cancelled, but I was told that in future I should display my ticket in a more prominent position.
it does make you wonder.......

You can get a rubber strip that fills in the gap between the dash and the windscreen, all the van suppliers do them plus eBay and Amazon. Once installed nothing slips down that gap.
Yep, essential. Yet never gets a mention on the must have list.

Where do they end up when they vanish down that mysterious hole?

Got a linky/example?
Travelinlight-transporters look for "dash seal". Also Veedub transporters, transporterhq, what, Amazon. Or just put "VW T6 dash seal" into Google search.

You can get a rubber strip that fills in the gap between the dash and the windscreen,
I've got one of these, but it prevents proper fixing of the front screen blind, the bottom of which stuffs into the gap. Like many others, I just drape it on the dash and hope it stays there.

Just ordered one, I spent an hour retrieving a dash trim tool that I dropped down the gap when replacing my speakers last year.

I've got one of these, but it prevents proper fixing of the front screen blind, the bottom of which stuffs into the gap. Like many others, I just drape it on the dash and hope it stays there.
Two easy solutions. 1) place the strip about 2cm away from the windscreen. This will stop the vast majority of stuff disappearing behold the glass. 2) purchase a length of cylindrical rubber foam about 20mm diameter without adhesive. Just push this into the gap to stop stuff sliding down the gap. Then when you want to use the blinds just pull out the foam strip. Then put it back when required. I do the latter.

On the t6 after owning for 3 and a half years and after losing many down the dash top into the void behind the dash today i found the parking ticket holder built into the dash. Doh
On a slightly different note, I once owned a VW Passat that had Climatronic Aircon. Being a in the Fire Service then, I often used to get called out during the night. After a couple of years of owning that car, Mrs B discovered that I didn't really know how the Climatronic worked. This accounted for why I had always slipped back between the sheets with all the allure of a freezer block!

I'm afraid that unless it has one big button to make something work I lose interest very quickly. Twas forever thus!

As with your parking ticket clip, there are things that maybe we were never aware of and others that we have just forgotten about through either infrequent use or like me with that aircon, lack of interest.

Last edited:
Back