Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why are VW Swindon saying they have a new T7 ?

• Thread starter Californication69
  • Start date
Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I think they are telling porkies ?
explore our range of used 6.1 California and the new T7 !! At VW Swindon.
I know of no T7 being in a dealer yet.

IMG_3081.jpeg

I think VW are making the naming conventions very confusing, when the multivan was launched a few years ago this was referenced as a T7 we now have the new Ford / VW van as T7, at other times the vehicles get called the new transporter and new California, also various trade reviewers call them different names in their reviews to add to confusion. However we be great when finally we get to see both vehicles at the dealers. I think there will be some great conversion on the Ford / VW transporter.

I think VW are making the naming conventions very confusing, when the multivan was launched a few years ago this was referenced as a T7 we now have the new Ford / VW van as T7, at other times the vehicles get called the new transporter and new California, also various trade reviewers call them different names in their reviews to add to confusion. However we be great when finally we get to see both vehicles at the dealers. I think there will be some great conversion on the Ford / VW transporter.
Could be worse, Ford Mustang and Ford Capri!

Could be worse, Ford Mustang and Ford Capri!
Your post prompted me to Google the new Capri, for someone who remembers the sleek design of the original models of the 80's, the new one looks like an unsightly blob IMO !!!!
:eek:

The use of the good Capri name on that abomination is an automotive crime.

Legions of 80s wide-boys will be rolling in their graves. Or zimmer-frames.
It's even worse than the Ford Probe, which Ford hailed as the new Capri a few years back. It was unsightly but at least it was a coupe!

After VW's poptop debacle they have decided to follow a different path for the T7 Cali
no poptop.jpg

My TR6 has mechanical Lucas fuel injection, I think you’re missing the point.

Back