Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind out awning - how far?

.Billy Ocean.

.Billy Ocean.

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Evening all, apologies in advance as this has probably been discussed many times. I think I remember reading a post about it… but I can’t find it now.

Anyway….

When you use the wind out canopy / awning - do you have to use wind it all the way out until the bars clunk in to place? Or can you just roll it out a metre or so, to create a type of porch. We have the tie-down straps that we always use.

Thanks in advance :)

Evening all, apologies in advance as this has probably been discussed many times. I think I remember reading a post about it… but I can’t find it now.

Anyway….

When you use the wind out canopy / awning - do you have to use wind it all the way out until the bars clunk in to place? Or can you just roll it out a metre or so, to create a type of porch. We have the tie-down straps that we always use.

Thanks in advance :)
Just wind it out to where you would like it , I regularly only wind it out half a metre to keep rain from coming in sliding door.

Normally we wind out all the way, but it’s a two person job “un-clunking” the arms - unless you’ve a handy bit of rope!! So for a solo trip don’t fully extend.

Just wind it out a bit drop legs down then extend it altering legs as you wind it out .
one person job.
It’s not the way out that’s a bit of an issue, it’s winding it back in. If the knuckles of the arms “clunk out” - so fully wound out, a bit of a challenge winding it back in on your own.

Back