Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind out canopy front and side panels

Princess Doris

Princess Doris

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We took ownership of our new 6.1 Cali in March and purchased a Movelite T3 awning soon after. We only use the awning if we plan to stay in the same place for 3 nights or more.
We have a big trip to France planned in August with mainly 1 night stayovers. We don't plan to take the awning. We are considering buying front/side panels to give us more protection and privacy. We would be interested in any experience and recommendations of what brand to buy.

We took ownership of our new 6.1 Cali in March and purchased a Movelite T3 awning soon after. We only use the awning if we plan to stay in the same place for 3 nights or more.
We have a big trip to France planned in August with mainly 1 night stayovers. We don't plan to take the awning. We are considering buying front/side panels to give us more protection and privacy. We would be interested in any experience and recommendations of what brand to buy.
We've been using the Outwell Hillcrest and Fallcrest for several years. Lightweight and quick to set up. Best with awning fully wound out and often use additional tarps or windbreak to 'fill' the space between them. Recommended.

But what I still can not figure out is the insulation from heat (cold) on the front windscreen. I looked over several posts here but I am confused. For now I just use the winter flimsy silver cover from Aldi. It rips after a few uses but it did not costed me much each. Do you have something, Kevin5658?

I have the Fallcrest side panels and a Thule Sunblocker G2 for the front. I like to have a bit of a view and still maintain some weather protection and privacy. Best combo for me.

But what I still can not figure out is the insulation from heat (cold) on the front windscreen. I looked over several posts here but I am confused. For now I just use the winter flimsy silver cover from Aldi. It rips after a few uses but it did not costed me much each. Do you have something, Kevin5658?
Now you mention it, I’ve tried a couple of ways, one internally & one externally, but this week I bought the Comfort VW Winter Pack from the club shop. The windscreen cover appears to be very good as it’s reversible. Hopefully good for the Sun & the cold.
It folds 1/2 down to get light in during the day.
Maybe I can stop spending money now!!

We use the Outwell Fallcrest and Hillcrest tarps. Tucked into the chairs in the boot. They’re versatile and I often use the side tarp on its own instead of the Thule roll out awning - when raining or a bit windy. We use the fig of 8 strips on the top edge of the Thule to attach to give door clearance.

Chat on the subject and photos in this thread ….

Now you mention it, I’ve tried a couple of ways, one internally & one externally, but this week I bought the Comfort VW Winter Pack from the club shop. The windscreen cover appears to be very good as it’s reversible. Hopefully good for the Sun & the cold.
It folds 1/2 down to get light in during the day.
Maybe I can stop spending money now!!
Yea right.

Back