Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window bags

P

paul_f

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am after some window bags for our new Beach.
It seems there are the California camping or the Vanessa one. Which ones are best value, and where should I get them from (there doesn't appear to be many UK sellers)

Vanessa seem expensive, but they are very good quality.

It’s easy to order direct from Vanessa.

I ordered mine from a UK stockist but they took almost 3 months to arrive! (Despite being advertised as ‘in stock’ upon ordering & full payment amount taken).

i ordered from Vanessa hardest part was working out what side is what, arrived in a week

Thanks, have requested the order - I guess they will email me on Monday the total price.

@calikev - do you have a picture as to which side is which by any chance?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,
I think Kev was being facetious!
They are very easy to fit, the “Vanessa” branding shows on the outside, the branding goes toward the rear, there is a phone pocket and key ring that goes toward the front, they take about 30 seconds each to fit once the rear bench is moved appropriately to allow full access to the window.
You get written instructions which explain how to fit.
Available from a U.K. camper van company!
I have no experience of the California camping product,.
As far as value for money I would suggest neither are great Value, but what is ?
They are highly functional and I would not be without them, we can store enough clothes in them for 4 people for two weeks, In Warmer weather (we do travel light as far as clothes) and they allow easy access, clothes are easy to find and they help keep the van tidy on a trip.
We use packing cubes which further enhance the window bags usage, functionality and organising attributes

We ordered ours from camper va ntastic, when we ordered they said they were in stock and then a week later I got an email to say delivery time was in fact 12 weeks so I cancelled and ordered direct. Certainly am opportunity here for club shop.

We ordered ours from camper va ntastic, when we ordered they said they were in stock and then a week later I got an email to say delivery time was in fact 12 weeks so I cancelled and ordered direct. Certainly am opportunity here for club shop.

I had the same experience; to be fair they did offer a refund, but Vanessa were also waiting for stock at the time. It was more the fact that they took payment when they knew full well that there would be a significant delay.

I got mine within 2 days from them, although I did ring to check they were in stock first!

I had the same experience; to be fair they did offer a refund, but Vanessa were also waiting for stock at the time. It was more the fact that they took payment when they knew full well that there would be a significant delay.

Not window bags but similar problem with some Brandrup accessories, they ended up taking 3 months to arrive even though monies was taken at time of ordering.

i ordered from Vanessa hardest part was working out what side is what, arrived in a week
I wasn’t being facetious I ordered one but it was the wrong side to what I thought I did like it so much I ordered the other a week later I just found it a little confusing as as there vehicles are all LHD.

View attachment 55048

View attachment 55049

View attachment 55050

View attachment 55051

View attachment 55052
We’re wanting to get some of these for our van. What did you put for the vehicle lining option? It gives me the option of full vehicle lining with sun blinds or without vehicle lining, don’t know what this means! Thanks

You will need with full vehicle lining with sunblinds

Thank you. (I’ve no idea how I replied to 2 of your posts, sorry! 1st time posting )

I ordered mine directly from Vanessa in Germany too, Euro 20 shipping. So glad I got them and have loads of capacity. We use modular clothes bags too and have them in different colours so I know which is my clothes and which is my wifes to simplify access.

Has anyone got an image of the VanEssa window bag for the offside in the 2 seat beach. I have just ordered one, but it is on back order. I have the nearside bag which I am well pleased with. I'm hoping the offside bag clears the seat nicely. It should be the thinner one.

I ordered mine directly from Vanessa in Germany too, Euro 20 shipping. So glad I got them and have loads of capacity. We use modular clothes bags too and have them in different colours so I know which is my clothes and which is my wifes to simplify access.
I’ve put an order in, it says 3 weeks wait so hopefully we will get them before we’re allowed to go overnight in the van. I use packing cubes for suitcases so will give them a go in these.

Back