Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen Cover / Black out

Gary&Heather

Gary&Heather

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi Nick

Just like to say thank you for the great service and a great product not tried the cover on the van yet but it certainly looks good quality thanks again. :thumb

Gary & Heather

Hi Guys,

Have you tried your screen cover yet?
Seems to be very substantial and well made.
Just tried mine for the first time and it fits very well on screen and over doors but not too sure about the fitting around the door mirrors, is it just me or does the Velcro not fasten neatly.
Also, can you open the doors fully with it attached ..... I didn't want to force mine as it was a bit of a tight fit.
I would have asked Nick at Comfortz but they are on holiday this week.

Cheers,

Bill

Also, can you open the doors fully with it attached ..... I didn't want to force mine as it was a bit of a tight fit.

No, you have to slip it off the door as you open the door, it's a bit of a pain as we have to escape out the passenger door when the baby is asleep because of the :censor ing beeping the door makes when you shut it ! Now got the nack of quickly sliding it off. Works really well though and keeps the van nice and cool.

keeps the van nice and cool

Thanks Col.
However, keeping cool is not a problem right now in the UK!
I should really be trying my silver thermal screen cover, but I don't want to get it wet and dirty ........ I know, I'm a sad person. :sad
Cheers, Bill

I'm using my Comfortz silver thermal screen cover at the present time due to the frosty conditions in the North of Scotland. Very easy to fit although the wife usually helps. Really effective in keeping the windscreen and door windows ice free. :D
Excellent product and I have no hesitation in recommending it. :thumb

Thanks Norm,
Unfortunately I now live in the "sub-tropical" East Anglia region where it's just cold, wet and miserable. :sad
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill

How come you have both blackout and thermol screen covers??

We're looking at getting one just didn't no which one is best....

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun,
Sorry for the delayed response, been working outside today .... absolutely soaked to the skin. :sad
I also couldn't decide which, so thought it would be handy to have a thermal one for the winter and a black fabric one for summer and general blackout use.
Of course, Nick at Comfortz did a bit of a deal. ;)

I'm still trying to get a build date from Gary.

Cheers,
Bill

bournemouthbeach said:
Hi Bill

How come you have both blackout and thermol screen covers??

We're looking at getting one just didn't no which one is best....

Cheers

Shaun

If I were to choose one, I would go for the blackout cover.
It takes up less space when packed and is probably going to be used more frequently than the thermal cover.
Cheers,
Bill

We are looking to get one of the windscreen covers, but do they cause leaking through the door seals if it rains ? :crazy Was thinking of going for the thermal one rather than just the blackout, but the van seems to be filling up with extra bits :lol:

I have a silver screen , but would Deffo have one of nicks from comfortz for value for money :)
He does them both just blackout and thermo :)

edwatters said:
We are looking to get one of the windscreen covers, but do they cause leaking through the door seals if it rains ? :crazy Was thinking of going for the thermal one rather than just the blackout, but the van seems to be filling up with extra bits :lol:

Not had the leaking problem on the Cali... Suspect it's because most of the run-off is captured by the gutter/awning rail.

Had a major issue on the T4 however where all the water off the roof collected against the screen cover and poured in through the seals... To the extent of puddling on the seats, floor and boxes that were on the front drivers seat.

Have to say, this was with a "BAT" cover that has the edges taped which opens the seals a bit more.

Hope this helps.

M

Thanks, will probably go for the thermal one. We have Nicks mattress toppers so were looking at a few extras! :thumb