Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen wipers scratching bonnet bodywork

S

solidstore

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have a 2013 Cali and something seem wrong with the design or installation of the front windscreen wipers. When I lift them up to wash the van, one of them scratches along the front rim of the bonnet and if I forget and dont do it very slowly I'm worried about the paint work being damage leading to rust. Its already made a mark on the paint. Has anybody heard of this?

easy answer to this,
1 switch wipers on until middle of sweep switch ignition off then bend back to wash vehicle,
2 take offending wiper off and realign.
simple.!!!!

John :headbang

To clean the wipers safely, place the key in the ignition and switch on until lights in the speedo display show, then switch off remove the key then press the wiper arm on the steering column down, this then moves both arms into the middle of the windscreen and makes them safe to move and clean.

CaliforniaDAN said:
To clean the wipers safely, place the key in the ignition and switch on until lights in the speedo display show, then switch off remove the key then press the wiper arm on the steering column down, this then moves both arms into the middle of the windscreen and makes them safe to move and clean.

Does this apply to pre-facelift models?

John

I don't think the bonnet comes up as far pre facelift, if you can't lift the near side wiper without it contacting the bonnet, the service mode steps CaliforniaDAN described above will work

I can confirm that pre facelift you can lift wipers back with them in the off position. Facelift model use the service mode as described by californiaDAN

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk