Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen wipers ?

R

roadrunner 45

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello,

When cleaning the California can you not lift both windscreen wipers off the screen , I can lift driver side off but the passengers side is restricted by the bonnet?

Any help please.
Thanks.

Turn the ignition on and then off, press the wiper switch down and allow it to return to its rest position. The wipers should then park in the vertical position allowing you to lift them forward off the screen.
When you have finished put the wipers back onto the screen, turn on the ignition, the wipers wont move until you move the switch.

.....or just read the manual that comes with a new vehicle....
Nothing personal , but why is it that people don't read their manual and learn from it ?
Are we so hooked on internet that we don't read any paper books anymore?
OK this forum is an easy way to sort out problems , but for me took already a few times the manual out the dash just like the old days....

Turn the ignition on and then off, press the wiper switch down and allow it to return to its rest position. The wipers should then park in the vertical position allowing you to lift them forward off the screen.
When you have finished put the wipers back onto the screen, turn on the ignition, the wipers wont move until you move the switch.
Learnt something new! :thumb

Problem with the manual is it's very difficult to read. There are so many warnings and safety notices it detracts from the main purpose of the manual. There are also so many options and derivatives that you are not sure your van has a particular feature.

I tend to disagree with hotel california, There is a lot to read in the 3 manuals that come with the Cali. Sometimes seeking advise on the forum makes it clearer I am happy to advise on something if someone asks. (whether in the manual is not). I feel what makes this forum so go is that it is supportive to new members. Not too clicky where new users are put of asking for advise. When I 1st had the van l for one could not work out the wipers from the manual then it clicked when someone explained it on the forum.

Andy ,
I am first in row to give help and advice as i did many times here , the answer on his question was already given when i placed my comment.....
My point was just that when i got a problem i try to find a solution for it , in this case if he would have took a look in the book he had his answer .
Maybe he did look and wasn't sure or could not figure it out , the forum helpt him in an instant!
Was not trying to discredit him , just making an overal point;)

Haha, another non reader pleased about the wiper info. Ta :thumb

Your not supposed to but when cleaning the windscreen I leave the offending wiper where it is and just be careful not to let it catch the bonnet when lifting.....
While talking about wipers don't forget to clean the blades,it's surprising the grit and grime that collects on them :)

Alan

Snowy you have a gift for explaining in layman terms
If only you could rewrite the manual :)
It could be titled the "VW Cali manual for dummies"
I would be first in que!

Alan

I've seen this topic before and am a bit bemused.

My wipers do not foul the bonnet so do VW do different things on different Cali's?

I've seen this topic before and am a bit bemused.

My wipers do not foul the bonnet so do VW do different things on different Cali's?

Yes, there are 2 types of wipers fitted, some clear the bonnet from the natural rest position the others you have to park in the vertical postion.

I think the manual is brilliant ...

I use mine as an emergency levelling block :mad:

Back