Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen wipers

S

stewmac

My windscreen wipers occasionally stop working, sometimes mid stroke and refuse to re-start. This is highly dangerous especially in heavy rain. After a while the wipers eventually then restart .The van has been into the Preston van centre twice. On the first occasion the wiper motor was replaced, but this did not solve the problem. On the second occasion the operating stalk switch was replaced. This has also failed to correct the problem, and the wipers still fail to operate properly.

Can anyone please advise what else could be causing this intermittent problem? Does anyone have a wiring diagram so that I can understand the position better. Is there a relay within the system which could be sticking?

Stewart

I would have said to start with the wiper motor as that has the wiper Stop built into it. Could be something else that is messing around as well.

cheers

Thinking about it we have not replaced many wiper stalks (certainly not for this fault)

cheers

Thanks for your comments Alex.

Both the wiper motor and the stalk/switch have been replaced, so there should be no problem there. I am just wondering if there are any other components in the wiper circuitry which could be causing the problem.

I have a 2009 California SE 130

It would be great if you could help.

Many thanks

Stewart

Probably some overheating protection?
Had mine slow down several times in heavy rain.

Probably some overheating protection?
Had mine slow down several times in heavy rain.
Now this must be a record for a Thread Resurrection. 7 yrs 6mths.o_O

Back