WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi All,
My son and his fiancee have decided they want to get married in Florence, both having fallen in love with the city.
This will be in late February/early March 2016. We plan to drive down, probably staying in hotels on the way down.
At that time of the year I presume snow is present especially in Switzerland/Alps. What are the regulations for Winter Tyres as regards what month of the year and which countries require them?
Any help much appreciated.

If you keep low and go through France via Tunnel de Frejus and onto Turin, you should not need special tyres, though might be an idea to carry chains to be on safe side

Hi All,
My son and his fiancee have decided they want to get married in Florence, both having fallen in love with the city.
This will be in late February/early March 2016. We plan to drive down, probably staying in hotels on the way down.
At that time of the year I presume snow is present especially in Switzerland/Alps. What are the regulations for Winter Tyres as regards what month of the year and which countries require them?
Any help much appreciated.

Did this trip last year late march we went through France and kept "low" beware of the Frejus tunnel it cost us nearly €60.00

John

Thanks for the information, cheaper than a set of winter tyres.

Back