Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wireless Apple CarPlay adapter

P

phil keegan

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
I have a MY22 6.1 Coast with a basic infotainment system. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless Apple CarPlay adapter? Thanks in advance for any advice. (Currently I think dust/dirt in my iPhone socket is interfering with my wired connection). Apologies if there is a thread on this already but I didn’t find it with a quick search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a Motorola MA1 for a while. In terms of set up and connection the actual device worked flawlessly. I only stopped using it because when my phone was in my trouser pocket the GPS signal wasn't that good, so that kind of defeated the point of using one for me.

Be aware that in my experience at least with the built in wireless carplay in my Cali, wireless carplay draws heavily on the 'phone battery - I find I need to plug it in to keep it charged to a reasonable level! Probably not an issue on short journeys, but anything over an hour or so and it'll deplete the battery fairly quickly (the 'phone gets warm too, so I assume it's making it "work" quite hard).

I have a MY22 6.1 Coast with a basic infotainment system. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good wireless Apple CarPlay adapter? Thanks in advance for any advice. (Currently I think dust/dirt in my iPhone socket is interfering with my wired connection). Apologies if there is a thread on this already but I didn’t find it with a quick search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had an IPhone to CarPlay occasional poor usb connection. I spend £5 on a cleaning kit from Amazon, plus a spray can of electrical contact cleaning spray, no problem since.

Back