Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wiring diagram for T6 leisure battery

Stalefish540g

Stalefish540g

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Hi all fellow Beach folk, I would like to fit a ignition operated leisure battery charger, so whilst I drive the van it charges my leisure battery and when I switch off my ignition it isolates the battery. I’ve been advised this is the best way to control the charging of the leisure battery whilst driving as at the moment it doesn’t seem to charge at all whist driving. Does anyone have this charging problem?
Has anyone fitted this before and does any of you have a wiring diagram to help the install?
Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Regards Bob

Hi all fellow Beach folk, I would like to fit a ignition operated leisure battery charger, so whilst I drive the van it charges my leisure battery and when I switch off my ignition it isolates the battery. I’ve been advised this is the best way to control the charging of the leisure battery whilst driving as at the moment it doesn’t seem to charge at all whist driving. Does anyone have this charging problem?
Has anyone fitted this before and does any of you have a wiring diagram to help the install?
Regards Bob
I presume your Beach came with the factory fitted Leisure Battery?
In that case it is already fitted with a split charge relay to charge the battery when the engine is running.
If so the relay is located under the front passenger seat RHD by the leisure battery.
Check the large Brown 80 amp fuse is OK. If it is then check the 100amp fuse located under the engine battery battery, which has to be removed.

80 amp fuse.

100amp fuse. Post 50

Regards Bob
As per @WelshGas, you already have one fitted in a Beach.

Worth getting a voltage monitor similar to below, then you can check if its charging or not when engine is running, then go from there; Just plug it into one of the leisure battery 12v power sockets.:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09WDQYYG3/?tag=eliteelect-21

I presume your Beach came with the factory fitted Leisure Battery?
In that case it is already fitted with a split charge relay to charge the battery when the engine is running.
If so the relay is located under the front passenger seat RHD by the leisure battery.
Check the large Brown 80 amp fuse is OK. If it is then check the 100amp fuse located under the engine battery battery, which has to be removed.

80 amp fuse.

100amp fuse. Post 50

So got it checked out and you were spot on, both fuses had blown and the battery was in poor condition so I replaced the fuses and battery and all is working as it should.
Thanks all for your help.
Cheers, Bob