Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California beach t5 without leisure battery?

C

CampingLifesabeach

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi everyone,

Question: are there vw t5 california beaches that don’t have a leisure battery?

Context: We are currently looking for a vw t5 california beach (in the netherlands, we’re dutchies, so sorry in advance for any spelling issues).
We found one that tickes a lot of boxes for us, it’s a 2015 t5 california beach imported from germany. The dealer says it doesn’t have a leisure battery, which confuses us, because we thought they all have it. We know some beaches don’t have EHU and that the leisure battery then only charges while driving, but do they also exist without a leisure battery at all? How can we check this?

Beach leisure battery is under the left hand seat. Slide that seat fully back (or fully forward) and you should see the battery or at least the rubber cover that fits over it.
In the UK market they have always come with a single battery to my knowledge.

If there is an auxiliary (camping) heater then I would expect it to have a leisure battery as well.

All Cali Beaches have an additional leisure Battery , located under the passenger seat . remove the rear cover from the seat base and
it will be visible under the rubber battery cover.
nothing to do with heater etc

Surely the easiest way to know is look at the nearside for a ehu plug point. A '15 plate model would have this.
As mine is a '13 model it didn't come with ehu but has been retro fitted under the rear bumper.

I should have said :welcome In my previous post:cheers

see the embedded thread, here’s a photo from the thread

IMG_0871.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a picture from the 2014 California Brochure showing a second Leisure battery is standard equipment on a Beach

IMG_0872.jpeg

You can view the brochure in the Resource section (you need to be a VIP member to access the resource section)

IMG_0875.jpeg

Here is the 2015 spec - noting the differences between the T5 in red

I would suggest you show the dealer the brochure spec and ask them to locate the battery ! If not they will need to supply you with a battery fitted in the correct position?

I hope that helps, we are going to need to see photos of the Cali when she arrives

IMG_0873.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

Last edited:
Back