Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Withdrawal symptoms

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Horror! It's looking as if we're not going to be able to get away this weekend in the van.
It was going to be our 21st trip this year so far.

I can't quite get my head around it :sad

Perhaps I'll just sleep in the van outside the house?

So far we've managed The lakes, Norfolk, Suffolk, Wales (x2), Peak District, Cotswolds, Wiltshire, Dorset, Forest of Dean, Busfest, Bath, France, Switzerland, Devon etc....

Best bit - Waking up in France and gently giving the tailgate a shuv to let the morning sun stream in whilst the coffee brews :cool:

S.

think of me in my bus this weekend then fella ...Got one of the last few vw shows ,so cheap camping ,big fires ,loads of booze and crap food .... :rofl :barmy

We're having a weekend off this weekend too. No rest though as we'll be invaded by family!! :rofl

The Mrs said last night shall we stay home this weekend?

I looked at her with horror and offered to take the kids on my own! :crazy

I have really withdrawals symptoms !!
After being a owner of California for 30 years I sold on march the last 90`s T 3 one, my expected Silver Reflex 180 DSG is still in the dealers premises since the last week in August.
It came with an Euro 4 engine, the bad thing was that from the 1st September Euro 5 is required.
That what is called a very bad luck in Chile

Renato

vwchile said:
expected Silver Reflex 180 DSG is still in the dealers premises since the last week in August.
It came with an Euro 4 engine, the bad thing was that from the 1st September Euro 5 is required.
That what is called a very bad luck in Chile

Renato

Noooo :-( that's terrible news, good luck with sorting that out soon Renato

sidepod said:
Horror! It's looking as if we're not going to be able to get away this weekend in the van.
It was going to be our 21st trip this year so far.

I can't quite get my head around it :sad

Perhaps I'll just sleep in the van outside the house?

So far we've managed The lakes, Norfolk, Suffolk, Wales (x2), Peak District, Cotswolds, Wiltshire, Dorset, Forest of Dean, Busfest, Bath, France, Switzerland, Devon etc....

Best bit - Waking up in France and gently giving the tailgate a shuv to let the morning sun stream in whilst the coffee brews :cool:

S.

Bad luck mate.
We're off to france and switzerland for 2 weeks on friday - i'm sure it'll be horrible though :laugh2

We stayed in quite a nice hotel near London last weekend and found ourselves pining for our Cali. They're addictive!

KernowLad said:
We stayed in quite a nice hotel near London last weekend and found ourselves pining for our Cali. They're addictive!

Too True, I was in the supposedly 4 star Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington for a few days last week and without a shadow of a doubt I'd have been more comfortable in my van. The only thing it did have in it's favour was hot running water.

Stu said:
KernowLad said:

Too True, I was in the supposedly 4 star Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington for a few days last week and without a shadow of a doubt I'd have been more comfortable in my van. The only thing it did have in it's favour was hot running water.

Similarly this was a four star Marriot but it just felt so claustrophobic! And you had to pay almost as much to park a car as you do to park your "house" at a reasonable camp site.

We're just not really made for being "urban!"

Ditton Manor is nice though - went to a wedding there. The first ever.

I've (the company) done the thick end of £200 in parking over the last two weeks, not to mention the London Road Tax. Parking must be a good game to be in I think.

On the flipside, we will be having our first trip in our new Cali this weekend - picking it up on Friday!! It is great to hear that the novelty really doesn't seem to wear off for so many.

Not sure where to go yet - I think a fairly local site first, just in case there are any gremlins in the works! Then a trip down to see some relatives by the coast on Sunday.

When we hired one for the weekend in June, the sliding door jammed open just before the kids bedtime, during an atrocious storm. I was busy applying some brute strength (to no avail), when my more practical 9 year old flipped up the cover on the lower slide and managed to release the mechanism. That was a nasty moment, but obviously it didn't put us off!

I would love to see more feedback on campsites on this forum, as there are surprisingly few books on decent / small / remote campsites suitable for campers. I had to turn to the dark side, and join the caravan club just to get a start - I have heard that their small sites (CLs / DLs?) can be pretty good.

Simon

Back