Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wrapping

S

Sarah O'Disco

Vehicle
Please Select
Any advice/photos/recommended places in U.K. For having California VW wrapped? Thinking about 2 tone but want a like-new effect.✌️

Any advice/photos/recommended places in U.K. For having California VW wrapped? Thinking about 2 tone but want a like-new effect.✌️

I did have a look around a few months ago (we're going to have the top half wrapped in white) but no one stuck out as particularly good or bad. I would want to speak to the company well in advance to check that they understand the complexity (eg: the pop up roof) and check that they have suitable insurance in case of damage.

The bigger problem for me will be saving for the lovely wheels to go with it!

I did have a look around a few months ago (we're going to have the top half wrapped in white) but no one stuck out as particularly good or bad. I would want to speak to the company well in advance to check that they understand the complexity (eg: the pop up roof) and check that they have suitable insurance in case of damage.

I am considering Silver for top half with Acapulco Blue but like you worry where I will find the money for the wheels!!;)

Thanks. I will look around and let you know if I have any luck

South West tinting in Wellington have done some great work. They tinted my windows and I had a look at a few other projrpects they had done whilst I was there. They are very much into the detail and know their reputation is important. quite a trip for you but worth a call.

South West tinting in Wellington have done some great work. They tinted my windows and I had a look at a few other projrpects they had done whilst I was there. They are very much into the detail and know their reputation is important. quite a trip for you but worth a call.
Thanks will have a look into it

There's an article about wrapping in latest VW Bus with a look at it being done to a T5 bonnet etc
Firm used is Sign and Designs Ltd Bridlington bit far from Windsor but website is interesting wwwsignprintuk.com
Vanworx's latest demo T6 is two tone wrapped and looks the business they also had a special coating put on ... maybe a call to them to ask who did it is worth a try as they have done it to a T6
Take time to research companies and see their work and it may well be worth travelling to the right one
the blue/silver combo looks classy on the Cali btw nice choice....

There's an article about wrapping in latest VW Bus with a look at it being done to a T5 bonnet etc
Firm used is Sign and Designs Ltd Bridlington bit far from Windsor but website is interesting wwwsignprintuk.com
Vanworx's latest demo T6 is two tone wrapped and looks the business they also had a special coating put on ... maybe a call to them to ask who did it is worth a try as they have done it to a T6
Take time to research companies and see their work and it may well be worth travelling to the right one
I just had to go looking.....this is just soooooo good! https://www.flickr.com/photos/134360256@N08/22313245559/in/album-72157658375933764/

This would be my ideal (if you haven't seen before).....
iris

Great thanks I will look into it!

The biggest difficulty with wrapping is cutting out for door handles, around window rubbers unless you remove them.The sheet is usually cut with a scalpel or a knife of some sort.Some guys are good at it and don't cut through the paint but some just don't take that amount of care. My preference would be to paint it,

Flair Design out of Southport wrapped our new van and we love it. The Guys were super helpful and completed the wrapping on our drive! They do a lot of commercial stuff as well so felt confident picking them, they didn't disappoint.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 12.01.05 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 12.01.03 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 12.01.02 PM(1).jpeg

If you have a top half wrap, how about not doing the roof? Two advantages, cheaper,. and if under warranty, not giving VW a get out of jail should you have problems with the dreaded rusting roof seal. I seem to remember this was popular with T2 Baywindows. Anybody got a pic they could post. Sorry I'm not that technical to do it myself.

That is brilliant work. Never seen anything like that!
I was fortunate to be parked next to the owner and have a good chat.

He had originally seen a perfectly restored splitty for sale in America (for stupid $$$$), contacted the owner and obtained permission to use photos of that vehicle to create this.

Very decent chap to talk to and I won't hesitate to use him when I have the opportunity to get my own van wrapped.