Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

wrapping my van

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
South Wales Autowrap, Avery colorflow halfwrap including clear PPF on bonnet cost me £1300, inc 7 year manufacturing warranty and 12 month fitting warranty
Look tremendous. Changes colour from blue to purple metallic?

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
Looking to buy
This looks like Ascot grey and pure grey 2 tone. Description says candy white but its off-white compared to the number plate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 12.51.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 12.51.05 PM.png
    751.4 KB · Views: 49
tim downes

tim downes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi Tim

Searched thread for vehicle wraps and found yours. Can I ask did you get your Cali wrapped, if so what colour and who did you use?

Thanks Kevin

tim downes

tim downes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi Kevin - I was planning to wrap a brand new one last year - my intention was to buy a white van and wrap the bottom half in a mint green - however I decided to cancel the van in the end as lockdown meant I was not likely to use it - so In short I didn’t ever do it - all I ca. Say is, there are lots of them and my suspicion is that price and quality are very closely linked - my advice would be shop around and get confident with what you go with - good luck Tim

NorthDevon

NorthDevon

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi Kevin - I was planning to wrap a brand new one last year - my intention was to buy a white van and wrap the bottom half in a mint green - however I decided to cancel the van in the end as lockdown meant I was not likely to use it - so In short I didn’t ever do it - all I ca. Say is, there are lots of them and my suspicion is that price and quality are very closely linked - my advice would be shop around and get confident with what you go with - good luck Tim
Hi Tim

Yes I agree with you totally about price and quality. We viewed a conversion in Appledore which had been newly half wrapped by a local company in Barnstaple and gee whizz it was awful!

Taf showed me his which looks amazing but that's in Caerphilly 2.5 hrs away, so just weighing up our options at the moment.
Can I ask had you narrowed any particular companies down?

Thanks for coming back me.

tim downes

tim downes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi Kevin - if you’d like to send me tour email address I will gladly forward a couple of quotes at least - I think I had decided to travel as I couldn’t find what I wanted in Cornwall - it might be worth asking your Vw dealer ?

NorthDevon

NorthDevon

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi Tim
Thats really kind thanks.
My email address is kevindjennings2@+++++.com

Thanks again

+++++

Its a Google email account.
Apols to admin....I do not know how to send a direct message yet.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi Tim
Thats really kind thanks.
My email address is kevindjennings2@+++++.com

Thanks again

+++++

Its a Google email account.
Apols to admin....I do not know how to send a direct message yet.
Click on the name if the other person and you should see ‘start conversation’. You will both need to be VIP members.

Wagonwheal

Wagonwheal

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I wonder if Indium Grey or Copper Bronze bottom half would suit it?
Bronze an option, thanks. Was considering a petroleum blue also. Was hoping someone had already had a go with pictures!

reserves

reserves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Wonder what happened in the meeting when they chose the UK Two tone California colours, could they have got it anymore wrong?

Candy White/Ascot Grey - a real kick in the teeth for a free colour and a £300 one at £2,800.

Candy White/Copper Bronze Metallic - less said about this the better for me....

Candy White/Bay Leaf Green Metallic - looks stunning, just not a fan of green.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Wonder what happened in the meeting when they chose the UK Two tone California colours, could they have got it anymore wrong?

Candy White/Ascot Grey - a real kick in the teeth for a free colour and a £300 one at £2,800.

Candy White/Copper Bronze Metallic - less said about this the better for me....

Candy White/Bay Leaf Green Metallic - looks stunning, just not a fan of green.
I love all of them tbh but can’t see the value in two-tone Ascot, as you say.
Would love to see people wrapping an Ascot van as it’s free, and I’ve ordered one!

Last edited:
J

Jandy61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
I love all of them tbh but can’t see the value in Ascot, as you say.
Would love to see people wrapping an Ascot van as it’s free, and I’ve ordered one!
As it’s her van, we are thinking about wrapping the bottom half of Ascot grey in a light blue, I’m fairly good with colour combinations, but have to wait till the van arrives in the flesh and go though the sample books.
Has anyone Unwrapped their California? , how long was the wrap on for and was there any damage, I know you apply a gentle heat to remove

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
As it’s her van, we are thinking about wrapping the bottom half of Ascot grey in a light blue, I’m fairly good with colour combinations, but have to wait till the van arrives in the flesh and go though the sample books.
Has anyone Unwrapped their California? , how long was the wrap on for and was there any damage, I know you apply a gentle heat to remove
Like the sound of light grey/light blue

J

Jandy61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Like the sound of light grey/light blue

35632008-1270-4C87-BBF0-D5F557F6FE7E.jpeg

L

Lexlogie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Any thoughts on what colour would
look good on the bottom half of an Ascot Grey Cali?
Indium grey? Starlight Blue?
Most (all?) wrapped vans I’ve seen have a white or silver top...
I’m thinking of ordering a ascot gray and half wrapping bottom indium but have not seen any pics

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Thinking of doing a Cotton Wool wrap to mine for all the use it's getting.
The UK is your lobster, at the moment.

VW California Club