Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yet another Beach 3 seater sleeping downstairs question

C

CaspersCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi, sorry if I've missed it but I couldn't see an existing thread that might have the answer to this one on it.

We've recently got a 3 seater Beach with no comfort mattress. We've slept 1 night in it so far downstairs using a duvet on the downstairs bed to add some level of comfort but we always planned to get something better later on when we found the right solution as we didn't think we'd be sleeping in the van again until spring. We're not a fan of the bulk of the genuine comfort mattress (or the cost). I liked the idea of a SIM but I've not been able to find one yet for the 3 seater beach, I've probably not looked hard enough.

We've just decided to use the van in a couple of days & clearly I've not solved the bed problem.

Need any recommendations of a decent solution, that I might be able to pick up quickly maybe at a physical shop...even if a short term solution. Have Duneln and things like that nearby.

Failing that I'll get a mega cheap inflatable mattress & take a pump.

Cheers for the advice

Tony

Don't do an inflatable mattress as you'll have no head room.
A quick solution could be a couple of self inflating camping mats, ours kids are only a inch thick but comfy.
We've just had another couple of nights away and wouldn't be without our topper, it's only 2" thick and then folds and left on the board strapped down.
I've never thought about the space it takes as there's so much in the back.

Talgje king size mattress topper from Ikea. £80.

We used one for 10 weeks in Scandinavia.

A bit lumpy and bumpy, but a perfect fit and certainly better than nothing. It packs up well. We pack ours into a single cotton sleeping bag liner to keep it clean.

Did you see the comfort matress live? I actually really like it (despite mixed feedback here on the forum)

I saw it bundled up but didn't sit/lie on it. Just based on reviews I've read/the price!...and like the idea of the Sea to Summit SIM thread where it can store in the roof.

I find it okay - still can get some bags on top of it, when folded on top of the multiflex.
When I need more space, I put it vertically between the multiflex and 3seat bench.
Also really like how they zip together - I unzip them in parts for the kids to play :)C9978EFE-90CB-4464-9FE1-CC70BADEEEBD.jpeg

Yes, the bed is a no no with 3 seater. We ended up getting a 5cm king-size memory foam mattress topper but still felt the lumps and bumps of the contours of 3 seater so treated ourselves to another 5cm memory foam on top so 10cm in total. Super SUPER conlmfy and rolls up with some lugge straps. Quick to set up, super comfy and quick to roll up. Great thing about memory foam,.can easily be cut to size.
20191017_215932.jpg

we normally sleep upstairs - but on the occasion when we sleep downstairs we simply pull the upper mattress down and lay it on the lower bed. Fits nearly and pretty comfy - simple

we normally sleep upstairs - but on the occasion when we sleep downstairs we simply pull the upper mattress down and lay it on the lower bed. Fits nearly and pretty comfy - simple
Good idea, but no good if kiddies use top bed, unless we make the little omes sleep on the wooden slats, yes, great idea for when they are cheeky ;-)

Good idea, but no good if kiddies use top bed, unless we make the little omes sleep on the wooden slats, yes, great idea for when they are cheeky ;-)

If you push your kiddies to the very back of the upper bed, the bit where there is the small section of mattress, you can make them disappear by pushing up the main section of the bed.

We use an exped duo 10 down mat that fits almost perfectly across the 3 seats. Probably more luxurious than my own regular mattress, at home and as a result comes at a premium..... it is phenomenal though.

I actually really like the comfort mattress and sleep well on it, the biggest issue is the bulk and storing it.

I made a bag for mine to keep it clean when stored in the house and to make it easier to move around. I've no idea why VW don't supply something like this

Find a foam wholesaler / supplier & get foam cut to size & thickness you want. I did this & cost £50 for hi density foam.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk