Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

York Campsite nr JCT600

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are driving down to York on Monday to pick up a bike rack from JCT600 and would appreciate any recommendations of campsites that are an easy commute into York for sightseeing.

Naburn Lock campsite just outside of the ring road. Bus stop at the entrance. Very nice site.

Thank you will see if I can get booked in today.

Last edited:
Talking to Brindisi at the weekend and they had stayed in the car park of the Watergate Inn in the city. Could be worth a try.

Talking to Brindisi at the weekend and they had stayed in the car park of the Watergate Inn in the city. Could be worth a try.
Yes , £10 for the night, turn up and leave the next day whenever . It's also the cheapest way of parking for so long . You're also given a key to access the toilets . 2 min walk to city centre .
Mrs B

Maybe next time as right now we ensconced at Naburn lock.

Nice at Naburn, pub is good too & not too far :thumb

We didn't make it to the local pub any Naburn but have visited local hostileries to the Hayfield site in the Peak District which were all lovely.

We even managed to leave a small bag of groceries in one and a chap who was also staying at our site told the bar lady who in turn phoned the campsite who called us on our walk back to let us know we had forgotten something at the pub. Very impressed with the whole area including the local walks.

Do not attempt to use the Caravan Site near JCT 600. It is a permanent traveller site for want of better description. The best site in my opinion is Rowntree Park ( Caravan Club I think ) which is bang in the centre of York beside the river and perfect for a stroll into town.

Back