Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Visiting York

Y

YawpedalMiska

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I have booked Camp sites in Rutland and North Yorkshire, for a 2 week trip this coming September. While in Yorkshire my Wife is insistent that we visit York.
For me, not wanting to drive the Cali into York itself and look for Parking. I was thinking Park and Ride, I know there are more than one Park and Ride places.
Would be grateful for any advice as to which Park and Ride for York would be Best. Thanks

rawcliffe bar park and ride. its to the north near the river. if you like a walk and the weather is good there is a great path along river ouse from there right into the city,takes 40 minutes ish to lendel bridge. then get the bus back

rawcliffe bar park and ride. its to the north near the river. if you like a walk and the weather is good there is a great path along river ouse from there right into the city,takes 40 minutes ish to lendel bridge. then get the bus back
Thanks for the info flying banana appreciated.

We visited York back in April and stayed at the York Caravan Park. They had a bus stop outside the front gate. From there it was a 15 minute ride right into the centre. Very good facilities and brilliantly clean and tidy.

Reactions: Sad
York is definitely worth the visit, I'm guessing by your name you're cyclists? York is very cyclable, we stayed further out of the city at Naburn Lock which was alright, but an easy cycle into the city :thumb

multiple Park & Rides in York and preferable all-round to driving into town - just depends which side of the city you are coming in from. the ring-road is very often congested with long delays, especially on sunny days!:

https://www.itravelyork.info/park-and-ride

there is also a reasonable amount of Long Stay car parking walkable from the city centre: esp. Marygate & Nunnery Lane car parks (outside, 2M+ barriers)

The missus always makes me park at the design outlet village to the south of York. Normally get the park and ride from there into the City Centre and once we get back she does a little extra shopping!

We stay at York Rowntree caravan and Motorhome site. Over the river and in the town centre in ten minute walk. Nice site but can be difficult to get a place at weekends and high season