Your dream cali! Need help deciding extras before we order

• Thread starter Outofboundsinyorkshire
  • Start date
O

Outofboundsinyorkshire

Vehicle
Just browsing
  • Thanks for all the super replies.
  • So we hope to order a cali 4 motion (we need 4 wheel drive where we live) in the next week or do due to the wait list. The range of extras is exhausting to understand and our lack of experience means we could make unnecessary and incorrect purchases. So: wait for it. In an ideal world, looking at the extras list again. What would you include to
make your trips very easy and simple and comfortable.
If we can buy a better topper for example than the one vw sell should we do that? Cupboards, safe, sat nav, bigger fuel reserve, omg the list is endless. So if you’ve got a bit of time, what are you pleased you included, what do you wish you’d avoided, what’s nice to have if finances allow.
In other words, what’s your dream cali from scratch list if you could have anything worth having on the extras list?
Ps. We like as much comfort as possible, sleep is important as is easy driving and easy set up.
Thank you Cali club

I think you will probably know this if you live in an area of Yorkshire that has inclement weather, or interested in what makes a 4Mo easy to sell. A diff lock is a must.
On the Comfort side. We always sleep down stairs, stealth camp, and use TWO Brandrup mattresses. Expensive I know, but so is a new 4Mo. Easy to set up, flip out quickly

TBh it would be more useful to state the extras you want and/or are thinking of and then it’s easier for us to give a specific opinion. With such an open ended question it’s hard to devote the time to write a super long response. You might find Google, YT or the search function more useful to determine your personal shortlist.

TBh it would be more useful to state the extras you want and/or are thinking of and then it’s easier for us to give a specific opinion. With such an open ended question it’s hard to devote the time to write a super long response. You might find Google, YT or the search function more useful to determine your personal shortlist.
Thankyou. Yes I’ll do that today.

On YouTube there’s a couple of good videos.
CaliChris has one talking through the whole options list and what he specs on vehicles he buys as a dealer.
California Time have one explaining why they chose the options on their van.

A lot of the options are personal choice, what is a must for one person is not required by others. I went with quite a few options, but stayed clear of two tone paint and wheel upgrades, two tone was two expensive and want to fit more off road wheels and tyres long term . But these are very popular options for others.

I went with wood floor and art velour seats because I like the look of them, that said suspect floor will get covered with a rug, so perhaps an option I did not need. I could have also got third party seat covers cheaper.

Whilst I don’t have my van yet, only option I regret ordering is the heated windscreen. Had this on previous cars and been really effective. However post ordering some of the reviews have not been very positive on its effectiveness, so time will tell.

I think the external shower is a good option to pick.

One option you cant pick and will really miss, on my new van, is an electronic handbrake, which I really like on my current vehicle.

Also wish VW would offer factory fitted solar.

Back