Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

fix 4 bike tow bar

Defender90

Defender90

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
hi i am think of buying the Thule EasyFold XT 2 and removing the stops as per california time video the swedish volvo accessories shop states it only fits a volvo fix4bike tow bar does the cali have the same tow bar?

No the Cali towbar (assuming you mean the factory fitted one) is not "Fix4bike". The Fix4Bike ones have two little lugs either side of the ball to stop the rack twisting.

I didn't want to gamble that it would fit on the cali tow bar so I got the "GENUINE VOLVO TOWBAR MOUNTED 2 BIKE CARRIER RACK 31454866 THULE VELO" which is also Volvo branded, but doesn't fold up small like the EasyFold one...

No the Cali towbar (assuming you mean the factory fitted one) is not "Fix4bike". The Fix4Bike ones have two little lugs either side of the ball to stop the rack twisting.

I didn't want to gamble that it would fit on the cali tow bar so I got the "GENUINE VOLVO TOWBAR MOUNTED 2 BIKE CARRIER RACK 31454866 THULE VELO" which is also Volvo branded, but doesn't fold up small like the EasyFold one...
is that the velo compact and will the boot lid clear when opening ? £300
many thanks

You have to do the same modification / bodge to the stops :)

I think I paid £295 from a Volvo dealer on ebay.