Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Magic T6 sathurdayafthernoon at CCN-Amersfoort

Hotel Cali many thanks for posting all the new pics and review. You could have a new career as motoring journalist! One of the more comprehensive comparisons thus far. Thx :thumb

Look what i bumpt in to unloading the Cali......the goodie-bag.....!
View attachment 10585

View attachment 10586

A nice bag to use for dirty laundry in the Cali...
A BEACHball ....get the link...
A frisbee....
A collapseble waterbotlle ...nice on hikingtrips to carry water for the dog

Big thanks to Camper Centrum Netherlands
It's the small things that makes people happy .....for sure if you get them for free...:cool:
HTC, thank you so much for a fabulous review of the Cali's on display. Our T5 Cali, ZuluCampi, can rest easier knowing she will be with us for a long long time. X

Hi Hotel Cali
Many thanks for your photos & report of the changes in the T6. The cake looked yummy.
What colour was the Ocean you test drove ?
Many thanks from sunny Dartmoor.

There is an option for led lights in the booth door to give light when using the lower bed and loading the booth in the dark . Looks good but think it is an option , have to check .
Also the rear rolling blinds have changed , think due to the new doorpanel.
For me the old blind on the T5 was already good , so no improvement there just somting diffrent
View attachment 10570
The switch location

View attachment 10571

The new blinds
View attachment 10572
Nice lights BOTH sides. Has the top cupboard gone now?
Like the new colours too.

But they did improve the way the rolling blinds stick together in the middle ....
At least one detail i am jealous off not having , far more solid fix together and much easyer to close the front blinds now

I wonder if they will be retrofittable to the T5? May be even the RHD version! I guess it depends on how different the A-pillar trims are and whether they mesh with the older dash.

Mark

It was also,diffrent where the blinds come in the holes in the dash , it maybe could work retrofit but think those parts will cost a fortune at VW .
You need a diffrent adaptor on the roof console also....

What colour was the Ocean that you drove? Was it Mojave Beige? What did you think - it looks good in the brochure pics.

It was also,diffrent where the blinds come in the holes in the dash , it maybe could work retrofit but think those parts will cost a fortune at VW .
You need a diffrent adaptor on the roof console also....

Yes, it will no doubt be expensive. It would be interesting if it were possible though. I was thinking of fitting the ones from the LHD Cali onto my RHD van. However, after reports of them not being much good, I didn't bother with the expense. If the new T6 version is much better though, it might be worth it. I would really like an instant internal blind system that doesn't involve messing with bits of loose cloth (and poles in my case).

Mark

Yes, it will no doubt be expensive. It would be interesting if it were possible though. I was thinking of fitting the ones from the LHD Cali onto my RHD van. However, after reports of them not being much good, I didn't bother with the expense. If the new T6 version is much better though, it might be worth it. I would really like an instant internal blind system that doesn't involve messing with bits of loose cloth (and poles in my case).

Mark

The ones in the T6 are much better than in T5 , not better in the making it darker but easyer in how to put up....

Thanks.

I thought it was. We have ordered an Ocean in that colour so good to see it on a Cali rather than a small piece of showroom metal.

Looks good to me.

Thanks again

Nick

Thanks.

I thought it was. We have ordered an Ocean in that colour so good to see it on a Cali rather than a small piece of showroom metal.

Looks good to me.

Thanks again

Nick

It looked nice , think it is a good color on witch dust and dryed- up rainspots are camouflaged .
The darker colors look dirty much quicker....

Nice lights BOTH sides. Has the top cupboard gone now?
Like the new colours too.

@Skylark2.0 , what do you mean with " the top cupboard" ?
Can't figure out on what you referring , could be a language misunderstanding from my side...

The overhead cupboard at the back.

The bamboo garden green looks great in these shots. I'd go so far as to say its one of the most appealing. More colour than grey but still an excellent low-profile colour for the great outdoors. I wonder if some people are worried the colour is a risky choice from a resale point of view. I bet those who have jumped will be thrilled though.

An overall view of the showroom
The two side by side : leftone ocean rightone coast
The one in the front is a coast ( is a nice color!) edit: checked brochure it was "bambusgarden green " a very nice color to me
Then further down a cherry red beach
View attachment 10550

View attachment 10551

View attachment 10552

The bamboo garden green looks great in these shots. I'd go so far as to say its one of the most appealing. More colour than grey but still an excellent low-profile colour for the great outdoors. I wonder if some people are worried the colour is a risky choice from a resale point of view. I bet those who have jumped will be thrilled though.
Interesting you mention bamboo garden green, as it was the main thing I spotted in amongst all these photos. I THINK it could look great and was very close to choosing it but I just couldn't take the leap of faith on such an expensive vehicle, having not seen it. I have chosen Acapulco blue as I've seen it and like it but I think there's always going to be a part of me that wonders 'what if?'

Back