Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

102 beach

P

phillme

Vehicle
N/A
read a lot about the 140 and 150bhp beaches and dsg ... anyone got the smaller 114 or 102 with the five speed box want to share there experiences ? cheers x

We got a 102 OCEAN. I was first in great doubt, if we should actually go for it (ex-demo) or take the long wait for a 150 or 204. But after a testdrive I was convinced. It has become a lot more dynamic engine – it feels like driving the T5 140. And after close to 14.000 km – also fully packed thru the Alps – we are still happy.

thanks kmann ... good to hear ... had a 140 t5 and hardly ever used the sixth gear ! i like to plod :)

We took our 105bhp Beach on a 2,000 mile trip around France. It didn't miss a beat. Cruising at 85 with enough grunt to go a bit faster for an over take.
Very disappointed with the built in Sat Nav system. :)

With DSG if you plod, dash or whatever it sorts out which gear to be in and you enjoy the drive.

Not got mine yet but my Wife's had a DSG EOS since 2009 and it's better than my current 8 speed auto BMW to drive.

I'm way to tight to go for the dsg ... if it was the same price id most probably go for it ... born in Yorkshire I'm afraid ;)

I have a 114 it's fine. Needs working hard on some slip roads but great around town and at motorway speeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2012 beach, 102cv 5 speeds and no regrets. Of course 140 is smoother and much powerful, but 102cv already works fine. It does its job pulling a n overcharged van (we are 5, 2 adults, and 3 little girls) everywhere without particular problems. Even uphill. It is solid. And no VW pollution recall in the future. I mean, it's not a wrong choice, if you find it at a reasonable price. It does its job. I'm happy and enjoy our trips a lot. I read t6 102 is much better! Maybe in the future. ;-)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I rented a 102 transporter conversion last September and went to North Wales (UK). Maybe I wasn't used to the gears or something but I found it a real struggle keeping up with traffic and to be honest a bit noisy too (mechanical) - once it got going it was great. Day to day I drive a Skoda Yeti (110ps) around town and a BMW Z4 2.3i Auto on other occasions so am used to differing types of vehicle and power outputs/transmissions. It was this hire experience which made me choose a 150 for my new Cali.

I rented a 102 transporter conversion last September and went to North Wales (UK). Maybe I wasn't used to the gears or something but I found it a real struggle keeping up with traffic and to be honest a bit noisy too (mechanical) - once it got going it was great. Day to day I drive a Skoda Yeti (110ps) around town and a BMW Z4 2.3i Auto on other occasions so am used to differing types of vehicle and power outputs/transmissions. It was this hire experience which made me choose a 150 for my new Cali.

Was it a T5.1 or a T6? I think there is huge difference. The new build is more dynamic, quiet and has more grunt.

Was it a T5.1 or a T6? I think there is huge difference. The new build is more dynamic, quiet and has more grunt.
T5.1 I think. I only think because it had a "short" bottom grill as opposed to full width as in T6?

T5.1 I think. I only think because it had a "short" bottom grill as opposed to full width as in T6?

Oki … sounds correct, because there is a huge difference between the two. And you description sounds like its the T5.1 ;-)

Last edited: