Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12 volt vacuum

Thelovewalrus

Thelovewalrus

I
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good morning would appreciate any tips reference the best 12 volt vacuum to keep the California clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be interested in this to, not for cleaning though but for putting duvet in vacuum bags for storage

We have a one of these VAX but it doesn't come with us. For vacuum bags I just apply some weight, i.e. sit on it. Normally enough to get a pretty flat pack.

..me..

We use a Black & Decker DustBuster Flexi with a rechargeable Lithium battery as we haven't found a good 12v vac.

We tried several 12v vaccums and they were all pants so decided to get a Dyson car & boat from Aldi a few weeks back, awesome suction power and does not take up too much room

https://www.aldi.co.uk/dyson-v6-car-and-boat/p/077588144273500?gclid=COKL4Jzgo9MCFQsR0wod1uwAhw
I presume this is the same suction unit as the cordless Dyson we have at home for the stairs. I agree - awesome suction power. Pity it's 24V rather than 12V from a charging point of view. But then again I guess Dyson know what they are doing and they couldn't generate the suction with a 12V battery. So recharge is on hook-up only.

Does anyone have a very small hoover/dust buster that they keep in their vehicle to use whilst away? I am not keen on the type which plug into the old cigarette lighter plugs as I have used one in the past but it wasn't very powerful and the attachments were, oddly as it was supposed to be for a car, too big to get into the small spaces around the seats.

I was wondering about something which could be charged up when on EHU and so would run on its own battery power when not. Obviously I would want something quite small to store. I do have a brush and dustpan!

Our Dyson handheld came with a 12 volt charger so we can charge it when not on ehu. It is excellent for vacuuming the van carpet, especially the dog hair from our Labrador.

I used to have a very cheap red plastic cigar-lighter vac from Argos in previous cars. Felt like it'd come out of a cracker but was really effective on car carpets, lost it somewhere along the way, but they're not all rubbish.

Currently have a GoodGrips dustpan & brush that cost twice what that vac did...

I agree with the above, keep the day-to-day mess under control with a brush & have a proper vac out when you get home instead - IMO there's no room onboard a Cali for anything effective enough to earn it's keep.

Last edited:
I use the Black & Decker Lithium rechargeable. Its brilliant. I got her from an auction in Spain for about £25 brand new. She can charge with a cigarette lighter or 3 pin plug and does a great job. Like to keep her clean when away...