Two queries - DRLs when stationary, cleaning the seat slider

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Like the new look! :D

Two queries have just arisen.

1) Is there a way of turning off the DRLs when stationary but needing the ignition on (e.g. when the stereo is on)? Seems a bit wasteful.
2) The seat bench runners have little clips you can remove to help access them. Just took them off and was a little alarmed at the amount of sand in them! Vacuumed out but the fitting is too wide to run up and down the whole lot. How do Cali owners clean them (especially owners of older ones)?! Mega power vacuum or can you get a really narrow fitting that slots between the rubber runners?! I'll try my best to keep them clean but with only 2 months "light" use and this much accumulation, methinks I'll need to clean them quite often!

Cheers!

Re: Two queries - DRLs when stationary, cleaning the seat sl

Hi KernowLad,

1) Radio will stay on longer than the 30mins curfew if you just leave the ignition key in the lock ;)

2) It's the sand that gets into the light greasing that causes problems and is also the hardest to deal with!

Chris

Re: Two queries - DRLs when stationary, cleaning the seat sl

Hi,

The DRL's cannot be turned off at all, we have been asked this a lot when the facelift first came out and spoke to VW Technical who said that it is not possible.

Thanks

Back