Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12V Oven

Personally, if you are touring abroad, especially Northern Europe, I wouldn't bother taking anything like these appliances. Every campsite in Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Finland had fully equipped kitchens on site with hobs, ovens and microwaves so why fiddle around with 12v appliances etc: OK if you wild camp ALL the time but I doubt if many do. Just my opinion.:thumb
Keep it simple. The more you carry the less room for wine and beer.:cheers

Many thanks to everyone for the suggestions, and to the comedians for the banter... ;-)

I was hoping to be able to be lazy and shove a ready meal into the oven (the M&S ones are great) and the Quest Mini Oven looks ideal in terms of size, features and performance, with the exception of the 12V capability. Anyone ever tried a voltage inverter (DC 12V to AC 230/240V) like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N2P9V64/?tag=eliteelect-21

If not, I'll just need to use the hob and be more creative!

An oven (or anything high draw) will generally hammer your leisure batteries via on inverter (in my humble opinion), they are ok for running a phone charger or something lower draw but I doubt they could power anything like an oven very well.

Personally, if you are touring abroad, especially Northern Europe, I wouldn't bother taking anything like these appliances. Every campsite in Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Finland had fully equipped kitchens on site with hobs, ovens and microwaves so why fiddle around with 12v appliances etc: OK if you wild camp ALL the time but I doubt if many do. Just my opinion.:thumb
Keep it simple. The more you carry the less room for wine and beer.:cheers
Thanks but I'm a landscape photographer and will wild camp 95%+ of the time, typically in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Looks like I'll just need to adapt my cooking to the hobs.

An oven (or anything high draw) will generally hammer your leisure batteries via on inverter (in my humble opinion), they are ok for running a phone charger or something lower draw but I doubt they could power anything like an oven very well.
Thanks - I've come to the conclusion that I'll just adapt my cooking to the hobs.

You might want to take a look at the ridge monkey first. It's larger and has a more stable footprint. Also someone posted about a double skillet was that on this thread?
The Ridge Monkey does look good too but too late - ordered the Diablo. It was me that mentioned the Double Skillet above.

I have a diablo good little device and easy to pack as it's so compact. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk