Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12V Oven

Seán Kerr

Seán Kerr

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just ordered a California Ocean. I'll almost exclusively be wild camping and was trying to find a 12V oven that will work without hook up. I can't find anything and would appreciate any help.

Don't think there is anything on 12V capable of cooking oven style. Cadac or other outdoor cooking system should provide best option.

+1 for the Quest. Mine is now in it's fourth great year having been bashed, dropped and shaken around 40,000 miles of road :)

+1 for quest cooker. Use on hook up for lovely M+S meals as treat. Also for bacon and toast for breakfast. I could go on.

+1 for quest oven for hook up. Did Nando's lemon and herb chicken in it this weekend. Yum yum!! Hot croissant and pain au chocolates wafting across the campsite. Magic

Hi Sean - Probably best to adapt your cooking style/needs if you are not planning to be on electrics. Having 2 gas rings gives infinite possibilities.

Just my view, but I really can survive without an oven or any of the above mentioned gadgets in a camper van. Less clobber, more enjoyment :).

Don
Hi Sean - Probably best to adapt your cooking style/needs if you are not planning to be on electrics. Having 2 gas rings gives infinite possibilities.

Just my view, but I really can survive without an oven or any of the above mentioned gadgets in a camper van. Less clobber, more enjoyment :).
Don't buy a pie, buy a pasty.
Heat it (them) up in a frying pan. Why pfaff on!

Anyone got a decent 12 volt toaster or one that works on the socket on the b pillar when off grid?

I mean an oven is one thing but Toast is one of the major food groups along with chocolate...right?

Anyone got a decent 12 volt toaster or one that works on the socket on the b pillar when off grid?

I mean an oven is one thing but Toast is one of the major food groups along with chocolate...right?

Here in Belgium the major food group are Belgian frittes (fries) , but i am certainly not taking a deep fryer in my Cali.....:D

Many thanks to everyone for the suggestions, and to the comedians for the banter... ;-)

I was hoping to be able to be lazy and shove a ready meal into the oven (the M&S ones are great) and the Quest Mini Oven looks ideal in terms of size, features and performance, with the exception of the 12V capability. Anyone ever tried a voltage inverter (DC 12V to AC 230/240V) like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N2P9V64/?tag=eliteelect-21

If not, I'll just need to use the hob and be more creative!

hi
these come recommended, as cheap on electric and i plan to borrow one from family member who has one if on long trip and need more variety in cooking options. Big in eastern europe apparently as so economical .......smallish to pack too....
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18850/Sta...gfeed&ef_id=V@I8lAAAAYIpESZQ:20170605194019:s can put ready meals in it which you commented on wanting to be able to do

i use a one of these loads for savoury options mainly but can do sweet/puddings too if have a sweet tooth....
very small and compact :)

happy cooking

hi
these come recommended, as cheap on electric and i plan to borrow one from family member who has one if on long trip and need more variety in cooking options. Big in eastern europe apparently as so economical .......smallish to pack too....
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18850/Sta...gfeed&ef_id=V@I8lAAAAYIpESZQ:20170605194019:s can put ready meals in it which you commented on wanting to be able to do

i use a one of these loads for savoury options mainly but can do sweet/puddings too if have a sweet tooth....
very small and compact :)

happy cooking
Thanks very much. Those Diablo's look brilliant, although the Remoska is for 240V and I won't be on hookup. Will order the Diablo though!

Thanks very much. Those Diablo's look brilliant, although the Remoska is for 240V and I won't be on hookup. Will order the Diablo though!
You might want to take a look at the ridge monkey first. It's larger and has a more stable footprint. Also someone posted about a double skillet was that on this thread?