Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

13 years California T5 in the south of France, Toulouse and the rest of Europe

P

paul_frings

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,
I'm new to this forum but not to the California. I'm Dutch, live in the south of France and bought a new California T5 in 2007. Since I have a rather technical job I added some modifications (improvements?;)) to my California: drawers below the kitchen, system to block de back-door when a cycle imperial is mounted, extra storage in front of the bottom drawer, a lock on the bottom drawer, storage for the leveling wedges in-between the front-seats, led-lights in the interior. Happy to share details if somebody is interested

Up till know I did not have too many technical problems apart from the famous grounding problem below the fridge, back contact in the power connection to the fridge, exploding cylinder on the roof and complete loss of dashboard illumination due to a short somewhere in the wiring that was never found. However I managed to solve all these problems myself. Now a have a problem with the electrical roof that turns out to be (too?) hard to solve. At some moment I got error 1101, 1111, 1110 and 1100. Reset works only on 1100 and 1100. Removed the inner protection of the roof, have access to pump, camper control unit and hydraulic control unit. I checked the fuses, and tried to check the end-switches. My problem is that the end-switches have nearly infinite resistance ~10MΩ and no short to ground. In theory this could be a broken cable, but I doubt this would occur in all 4 at the same time. The other option is that I'm missing something, are these end-switches normal reed-contacts or some more complicated electronic circuit inside. Could anybody me tell how to test them electrically since none of them seems to be a closed dry-contact.
Regards,
Paul

H, Paul.

I am not technical be any means, however i did experience an issue with a roof error code 1101 I think, it was referring to the roof not being fully closed, i had it checked and it turned out the sensors needed cleaning. Sorry i dont know where they are but it may offer a simple solution. The error code was point to a harness breakage, hence why took it to a VW garage... Hope it gets sorted.....

As you’ve mixed your technical issue up with your nice introduction,there is a chance that your question will be missed by someone who could help. If you don’t get many responses, have another post with your roof error codes in the title.
EDIT......I note you already did just that!!

Last edited: