Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

150 PS 4MOTION 6sp Manual

paradise city

paradise city

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all,

Thinking of ordering this engine. Has anyone else got this setup? Just wondering what your thoughts were on it. Is the 150 PS enough to comfortably pull the extra weight of the 4Motion?

I like the idea of the four wheel drive to get out of trouble if required as I've had a couple of muddy moments in my old camper but finances will probably restrict me from going for the 205/199 PS option.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

According to the configurator there is, unless I'm missing something (which is very likely!).
0aad56d532c051fcad398a168d3f4553.jpg

Yes, 4 motion but not DSG as well. AFAIK

No, the 150 4Motion is 6 Speed Manual.

I ordered the 150ps with DSG and 4motion. More than enough power.

I test drove a both 6spd and DSG models of the 150 4mo, wound up buying the DSG. On the power note, the 150 is surely adequate. The only place so far I've found that it felt a bit lacking was on German motorways. It feels just a bit weedy when overtaking a truck and, in Germany, you really feel the need to clear the fast lane quickly. By no means a deal breaker, but leaves you wanting more as the headlights behind close at an alarming rate. A good tune on a 150 would probably solve this.

150 4motion is the set up I’ve got and it’s a great combination. Plenty of poke when you need it. 4motion means you can fully use your engines power when you need to - eg twisty wet slippery roads.
B

Thanks guys.