Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

16'' TO 18'' 2009 California

Jimijango2020

Jimijango2020

VIP Member
Looking for a bit of advice. I have just upgraded to 18'' sportline wheels with 235/50ZR18 from 16'' Miyatos with 215 x 65 R16 and was wondering if this will affect the speedometer reading. Also, do folk replace the spare wheel with an 18''?

I'm also looking to lower the van by say 30mm - does anyone have any experience of this as VW said they do not have an option on their system for a california.

Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim

The rolling diameter of the wheels should be the same only the profile ratio should change (eg. from 65R16 to 45R18) for the same reason the spare will run fine, but check the legality of having different profile tyres on the same axle sounds very iffy to me.

VW do a lowering kit (see lowering springs thread) which is about 30mm resulting in much better steering and cornering on smooth roads but worse ride over potholes. Speak to Andy at SMG he sorted my Cali out.

Regards

Ray

as for lowering you could go springs but still a hard ride .coilovers are the best way to get it low i fitted H and R ones cost around £1400 plus fitting .these are tuv approved.are your tyres have a stamp saying 102 y .need to be to take the weight of the calie .i run 19inch wheels .

559232_10150696281398058_1404020099_n.jpg

i just got a 19inch spare wheel and tyre .and it does not fit under van .i have fitted BIG 6 pot callippers and standard wheel will not fit over big disc :headwall :headwall :headwall .

Back