Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

17"alloy wheel

P

Puggers

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi. I bought my t6 cali ocean this summer with steel wheels. I am searching for an affordable way to upgrade to 17" alloys without breaking the bank. Any suggestions gratefully rcvd.

There is a set of 17" Devenport alloys currently in the for sale section.

Hi. I bought my t6 cali ocean this summer with steel wheels. I am searching for an affordable way to upgrade to 17" alloys without breaking the bank. Any suggestions gratefully rcvd.
Devonports on eBay, complete with tyres, with delivery mileage are around £600.
You could get sell your steelies for about £400 or keep for winter tyres.

What's the ride like, Days Out? Did you drive it much with standard wheels?

IMG_3015.JPG IMG_3009.JPG

Hi Ferret99

I had done around 2000 miles on the standard 17" wheels and all of these with the lowered suspension as I had this fitted before I picked up my T6.

I had expected the ride to be slightly harder as the 20" wheels effectively reduce the side wall by 1 1/2 inches but surprisingly I can't feel any difference!

I have had quite a few Audi and VW company cars that have had larger optional wheels - 19" rims and 20" rims and usually S-line suspension or the equivalent and so I experience the difference between wheels and tyres regularly.

But I can genuinely say it's not made any difference. My wife also did not notice any difference as a passenger. I've been in contact with another member on the forum who is running 20" wheels and he concurred with me as well.

When I was doing some research into best tyres and aspect ratios I spoke with many T5 owners and nearly all said the ride was fine. The only constant advice is to watch the potholes. But I do this anyway because I'm used to 30 and 40 ratio tyres.

I am running my 20"'s on 275/35R20 Pirelli zero Nero tyres at 46psi. I'm keeping an eye on pressures and wear. The offset is ET 45 and this set up with the tyres has no rubbing on full lock etc.

I Will report back if any new news. But overall I'm very pleased with them. They look great and as I said no reduction in ride quality. Combined with lowered suspension I'm very satisfied.

That all sounds great to me! I've got some ABT CR wheels with the same spec as yours, so they should fit just fine with a bit of luck! Did you re-use the standard bolts? I'm pretty used to avoiding potholes too as I cycle/motorbike and have had a few cars with low profile tyres over the years, although round here to roads are rubbish to be fair!

When I swapped my wheels over I pushed one of my bolts through the old wheels and measured the bolt that stuck out the back. Then did same with new wheels. The amount poking through was the same so I used the old bolts again. I would do this yourself when you swap them over. You don't want less thread holding your wheels on really.

I fitted the wheels on and checked clearances on full lock etc and amazingly they were all clear. Are your wheels 45ET?

I am going to buy some black bolt covers from eBay to finish off the job and today I had some nice black and silver VW centres come again from eBay as I didn't want aftermarket centres.

Don't forget to check your bolts after 60 miles after you've swapped over.

Also I think I might need to paint the hubs as the edge is a bit rusty. (Already and only after 3 months!)

Yes, ET45s. Hopefully they will be fine as I *think* they are VW van specific wheels.