Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

17" Thunder Alloys c/w Tyres

Gedi

Gedi

Hi

I just recieved my new California last month. I upgraded the wheels with 18" Dakar alloys.
I still have the brand new 17" Thunder Alloys c/w dunlop tyres x 4.
I was wondering how much are they worth as I am away to sell them.
Any help would be much appriciated.

Cheer Gedi...... ;)

I doubt there is a specific value that you'll find. Market forces would define the value. They won't be as sought after as blingy wheels. I would guess that unless you find someone with an older van that wants to upgrade, they won't be worth a great deal more than the tyres would cost to have fitted.

Out of interest (if you don't mind my asking) what the cost of the 18" setup with tyres?

Re: 17" Thunder Alloys c/w Tyres

I paid about £600 for a set the same as you wish to dispose of.

I was thinking of the same upgrade but don't want to make the ride too harsh.

What was the difference in ride like when you changed to 18" from 17" wheels?

Californiaman said:
I doubt there is a specific value that you'll find. Market forces would define the value. They won't be as sought after as blingy wheels. I would guess that unless you find someone with an older van that wants to upgrade, they won't be worth a great deal more than the tyres would cost to have fitted.

Out of interest (if you don't mind my asking) what the cost of the 18" setup with tyres?

It worked out about £1600

Cheers Gedi

Custardtart said:
I was thinking of the same upgrade but don't want to make the ride too harsh.

What was the difference in ride like when you changed to 18" from 17" wheels?

I wouldn't know, I upgraded from new.

I just revieved the 17" alloys when I picked up the van.

We have been away a couple of trips since we got the van last month and the 18" wheels seem to ride pretty smooth.

Cheers Gedi

They're quite popular on the T4/T5 forum - might be worth sticking them up on that?

http://www.vwt4 forum.co.uk (it's called T4 but it's used by stacks of T5 owners too)

You have to pay to put them on the t4/t5 forum just stick them on here
In the for sale section and see how it goes. Just price them at what your happy to accept
If the tyres are good I would start at £750
Hope this helps

i'm sure there's a few cali members that may snap your arm off for those fella :thumb

Calikev said:
You have to pay to put them on the t4/t5 forum just stick them on here
In the for sale section and see how it goes. Just price them at what your happy to accept

Oops - sorry! Just seen a fair bit of interest in them over there. They seem to be less popular here?

Give your fellow Cali owners a chance to see you have them for sale fella before letting the T4/5 forum fight over abit of cali ... :thumb :thumb

We have them and I really do like them a lot - extremely easy to clean, robust (although we've got a few mysterious light scratches but very hard to see), simple design.

A bit anti fussy, over complex alloys that seem to be very popular on BMWs, Audis, etc. Love a nice mini-lite, Fuchs, etc!

Also impressed with the how they ride and feel - coped extremely well in near monsoon conditions driving through a mountain pass (nerve racking in the extreme!), very comfortable doing 612 miles in a day, grip well, etc.

Highly recommended!

Re: 17" Thunder Alloys c/w Tyres

I know it's not in the right section ,but what u asking for them fella ..???!!