Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Wheels & Lowering Springs

M

muttley

Guest User
I thought I would share a pic of my new 18" Bi-colour Dakar wheels on lowered springs. I am really pleased with them, but obviously wheel choice is a very personal thing.

Surprisingly, the ride doesn't seem to be much harsher through potholes, but it is noticeably firmer, which is fine. I have plumped for Hankook tyres, which were recommended by SMG - so let's hope I get much better wear out of those than the dreadful factory fit Michelins.

Does anyone know if it is OK to use wheel cleaning sprays on black wheels, or is that asking for trouble? I guess you can't see the brake dust in any case ...

I will be putting a set of year old 17" thunder alloys on Ebay shortly, in case anyone is interested.

Simon

photo.JPG

Re: New Wheels & Lowering Springs

I use cleaner on my bi's on my berghaus and its fine ... You will find they get scratched up ,but I'm sure they can be polished out as the paint is very very good on them

Thanks. There are just too many options & accessories, and I am easily tempted!

Is this on the vw factory option lowering springs?

Also, why would you do this to me!! My old t5 was lowered and I preferred the ride, my blue Cali on bi-colour dakars isn't lowered and I've been pondering the handling improvement. This pic sells it no question! As I can see what it would be like perfectly :D

Is warranty still ok ?

Do you need to inform insurance on a factory option not added from new?

This is indeed on the factory lowering springs (I sneaked them on when it was first serviced). The warranty must be unaffected, as they are all original parts.

I haven't spoken to the insurers yet, but I will let them know, just to be on the safe side. I can't imagine they will be too worried.

Simon

Nice one, thanks Simon.

The only issue I could foresee is my bucket might not fit under the sill to empty the grey when there isn't a service point :D

Oh and the cost, but if I don't think about that, it might go away.

It looks great! Glad you are pleased with the wheels and tyres.

cheers