Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 years waiting, now our “Buzz” has arrived

Stunning looking van @PhilR - congrats. I like all mods you have done, makes it very distinctive. Can I ask did Leighton vans do the colour matching for the spoiler/splitter. Can we see a back view to see the rear spoiler?
There you go. Sorry for the delay replying.

A0FAFBFC-CAEC-42C6-A764-425D3437E868.jpeg

8A9B7A6D-532E-4CB8-A3CD-C0140E829EDB.jpeg

6783D046-EF58-40F8-9CA8-CA4C4A62143A.jpeg
A better (closer) picture of the Buzz bunting done fantastically by Campervancarpets :thumb

Very nice @PhilR - looks great. Presumably not suitable for bike rack though?
Thanks…..I doubt it unfortunately. I did consider a bike rack being an avid cyclist but I don’t like rear screen/boot lid mounted ones as they obscure the vision, can damage the paintwork and the bike is vulnerable to theft and also gets covered in road muck at the back. If I take my road bike anywhere it will be a trip on my own so I’ll just pop it in the back somewhere, for other trips I’ve now bought a Brompton which is great and easy to carry.

Thanks…..I doubt it unfortunately. I did consider a bike rack being an avid cyclist but I don’t like rear screen/boot lid mounted ones as they obscure the vision, can damage the paintwork and the bike is vulnerable to theft and also gets covered in road muck at the back. If I take my road bike anywhere it will be a trip on my own so I’ll just pop it in the back somewhere, for other trips I’ve now bought a Brompton which is great and easy to carry.
Good man! Every reason why we don’t regret selling ours….. already had two Brommies, they are perfect the Cali :thumb

Good man! Every reason why we don’t regret selling ours….. already had two Brommies, they are perfect the Cali :thumb
Certainly are. I’ve got to admit as a roadie I was hesitant getting a Brompton, but I am mightily impressed the way it rides and as you say, it’s the perfect companion for the Cali. I might even do something crazy like take it to Europe and do some of the famous Tour climbs - I’ve done a load before but it would be a nice little challenge on a folder!!

Certainly are. I’ve got to admit as a roadie I was hesitant getting a Brompton, but I am mightily impressed the way it rides and as you say, it’s the perfect companion for the Cali. I might even do something crazy like take it to Europe and do some of the famous Tour climbs - I’ve done a load before but it would be a nice little challenge on a folder!!
Ours are ageing 3 gear (18% lowered gearing by factor). We are not young but managed to get up to the top of Llanos del Hospital in the Pyrenees on them…….. 1712 metres elevation and mostly 8% gradient ……. at least it was a blast on the way back down! :D

View attachment 103148
Finally, after initially cancelling our first order, then waiting over 13 months we now have our Cali, which we’ve named Buzz. This is him after 2 weeks of ownership and trips to Leighton Vans and #DetailedbyDale for a few bits and pieces. I’ll post some more pics but so far we are extremely happy. It is everything we wished for. To infinity…..and some winter camping!
That colour is lush! Congratulations