Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

200 watt portable solar

G

gogavin

Hi I was wondering if anyone has wired a solar panel to the rear battery. My control is not showing it charged? Solar Controller says it is but on on the main panel.. any help would be appreciated. I’m running the fridge on 3 and that’s it. Yesterday was 80 and today it’s 70. But puzzled…

What vehicle (you could update your profile) and how have you wired your solar?

Sorry it’s a California se wired into rear battery
Have you checked the 50 amp cube fuse on the rear battery +tve pole.
If that has gone, since upgraded to 75amp fuse, the Solar Controller will show the rear battery is fully charged but the Control Panel will only show the voltage and current draw from the front Leisure Battery under passenger seat. All the Leisure electrics are connected to the front Leisure Battery.

Have you checked the 50 amp cube fuse on the rear battery +tve pole.
If that has gone, since upgraded to 75amp fuse, the Solar Controller will show the rear battery is fully charged but the Control Panel will only show the voltage and current draw from the front Leisure Battery under passenger seat. All the Leisure electrics are connected to the front Leisure Battery.
Make sense. Cheers matey will check that out.

For the control panel to show it charging you need to connect the output from the solar charger to a chassis ground and not the battery -neg terminal. At least on a 6.1 this will show the charge state properly on the camper control panel. Not sure if you can make it work on earlier models you may just have to go with what your solar charger is telling you.

Back