Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2005 - 2.5Tdi 174bhp 2wd Vs 2.5 Tdi 130bhp 4wd?

Trollhunter

Trollhunter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,
I am trying to get myself started with the California lifestyle, hoping it will be fun for kids (age 3 and 5). Its very difficult here in Norway as selection is limited due to v.high import fees. Therefore I have to look towards the slightly older models.

I am looking at two 2005 models of the California and have the choice between:

2.5 Tdi 174bhp 2wd (108000 miles) or,

2.5 Tdi 130bhp 4wd with (161000 miles).

Any ideas on which motor would be the better buy (permorfance/reliability)?
Any advice would be gratefully received

Magnus

Hi and welcome , how is the long term(or even short term) view on emmissions on Norway ? Is a 2005 engine a euro 5 as a euro 4 is due to be banned everywhere in the near future.
Be happy to hear a euro 5 is welcome the next few years as i'm hopeing to get to the Nordkapp once...
Can't say anything on those engines but having 140bhp in my 2.0 liter 2012 i am happy with the performance

Hi and welcome , how is the long term(or even short term) view on emmissions on Norway ? Is a 2005 engine a euro 5 as a euro 4 is due to be banned everywhere in the near future.
Be happy to hear a euro 5 is welcome the next few years as i'm hoping to get to the Nordkapp once...
Can't say anything on those engines but having 140bhp in my 2.0 liter 2012 i am happy with the performance
Hi, Thanks,
As far as I know, the only restrictions here for the euro 5 engine are in the cities (primarily Oslo, Trondheim and Bergen). Here they have the ability to ban these vehicles on certain days when air pollution is measured to be at a high level. Otherwise there are no plans as far as I know. Living in Bergen we have had these driving bans a couple of times the last few years, but it only happens in the winter when it's cold with no wind. This makes the pollution sit stuck over the city. Shouldn't be a problem for your Nordkapp plans:)

Back