Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2012 Cali Misting Up

C

christophergeorge

VIP Member
Hi All - As ever, some advice from those who know more than i know! Our 2012 Cali has started misting up very badly on cold days. I expect this from my old 2004 Passat but not from the van! I imagine it happens as there is water somewhere in the van. Any advice? Should i take action? (Apologies if this is a dumb question but it wont be the first i have asked on this great forum!)

Great - thanks David. Seems like testing the sliding windows for water is the only practical step to take. Will do so!

Another thing you can do is to check that the drainage pipes that run down the 'A' pillars are not blocked.

These pipes drain water that collects in the void between the original van roof and the caste aluminium roof panel located in front of the elevating roof/above the windscreen. If these pipes are blocked, water will eventually drain through cable holes located above the pipes. An early sign of this happening is excessive condensation on the windscreen (eventually followed, in serious cases, by damp carpets at the wheel arches and water stains on the roof lining )

The drainage pipes exit through the bulkhead in the engine bay, just to the left of the battery housing (when facing the engine). The ends of the pipes have a tendency to silt. They are a bit tricky to find because they are obscured by (I think) air con pipes, but once you have located them, carefully clear away any muck. Once unblocked, you may find up to 1 litre of water will be discharged.

Hope this helps.

Wojtek

Cool - thanks for the advice - will have a good look!