Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tailgate Window - double glazing breaking down

Badgio

Badgio

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi,
Has anyone experienced the misting up of the double glazed tailgate window? If so what action did you take other than phoning the VW garage where you bought it from. I noticed that mine has started to mist up yesterday whilst driving back from a day out.
Thanks, Badgio

Hi,
Has anyone experienced the misting up of the double glazed tailgate window? If so what action did you take other than phoning the VW garage where you bought it from. I noticed that mine has started to mist up yesterday whilst driving back from a day out.
Thanks, Badgio
Some details about the vehicle might help?

I had one window replaced due to water in the window. It was the most rear right window. It was replaced under warranty.
The sliding door window is starting, and the left most rear window is quite white now.
The rear window is still ok, so far.

insurance job? quite opaque in direct sunlight now. must be cracked somewhere.
any one else sorted this? 2011 SE.
regards
Ray

IMG_5216.JPG

insurance job? quite opaque in direct sunlight now. must be cracked somewhere.
any one else sorted this? 2011 SE.
regards
Ray

View attachment 96929
You could try the Insurance route but I would be very surprised if a claim was accepted unless the window was broken . Double glazed units do deteriorate over time and this is now 11+ yrs old.

You could try the Insurance route but I would be very surprised if a claim was accepted unless the window was broken . Double glazed units do deteriorate over time and this is now 11+ yrs old.
I agree but …If you don’t ask

Well autoglass are here to replace it
BUT can't get the old one out!!!
any ideas?

I would have thought as it doesn't need to be in one piece, its pretty easy. Hoovering up afterwards may take a while.

Body shop to remove window, auto glass to fit replacement !!
They supplied the right replacement-double glazed and tinted.
Apparently there is not enough space for the windscreen people to get their cheese wire cutter in. I can only imagine that the body shop ( autofix) will break the window somehow! Hoping there is not too much collateral damage.

Back