Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2024 California Lowering Springs

Top = Before
Bottom - After

Measurments
Front 460 Before / 410 After
Back 430 Before / 390 After

Steve's kit is a custom built one for you. Hell guide you on the shocks/springs based on what you want.
So I have the Koni 30mm shorter Shock, with a 50mm lowering spring at the front and 40mm at the back.

As you can see, look is much better IMO.
As much as it wasn't bad before, Motorway driving felt better, dont know what to say other than that, dont do a huge amount of motorway driving so not where I wanted the gains, but happy
Driving on more twisty back roads, I feel more comfortable to continue into a corner at normal reduced speed than before. Previously on the std setup I felt like I had to slow right down as the roll was horrible and the wife was always reaching for the handles thinking it was gonna flip (she has some anxiety from a previous accident) , not anymore!
Speed bumps are softer and not so harsh, as was the gravel car parks ive been in so far.

Overall very happy with what ive had done.

Price wise, £1295 for the kit, £175 for fitting and it took less than 2 hours from drop off to collection.

@N14agp85 looks great. Did that price include ACC calibration and wheel laser alignment? I’ve read that these are supposed to be done with lowering, particularly the ACC calibration as lowering can make a difference and with ACC being a safety mechanism.

Has anyone actually ever done this job properly and set the van up using corner weight scales?

I know it sounds over the top but any vehicle is basically a four legged table. If just one of the legs (read wheel height) is out then the balance is all wrong. It may appear ok due to the compliance of the tyre but the balance will still be out.

Setting ride height using a tape measure is only so accurate.

Given the uneven weight distribution of the Cali I would have thought a more accurate setup would pay dividends. Seems daft to go to the expense of new suspension/arb etc and then leave some performance (read comfort/stability) on the table?

Yes. The NSR is much heavier. Bognor did mine but I noticed the set up was about 15mm difference on the back. So I whipped the rear spring off and increased preload to compensate. Front was fine once the back was level

@N14agp85 looks great. Did that price include ACC calibration and wheel laser alignment? I’ve read that these are supposed to be done with lowering, particularly the ACC calibration as lowering can make a difference and with ACC being a safety mechanism.
No, price did not include either of those. Dont think CRS have the kit to do it.
ACC worked fine all the way up the M6, so no immediate plans to have it re-calibrated, but might do at some point.
I have issue with the alignment from the factory anyways and VW say its fine, so I plan to have it done by a 3rd party who will listen to me and get it set how I want it, but do that in a couple weeks.

8758e16550596e28075a0aa8d1556aef.jpg

69d9f89c00508a6d50daa5910a8a85f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks great! Did you checkout if any implications on vw warranty?

No, price did not include either of those. Dont think CRS have the kit to do it.
ACC worked fine all the way up the M6, so no immediate plans to have it re-calibrated, but might do at some point.
I have issue with the alignment from the factory anyways and VW say its fine, so I plan to have it done by a 3rd party who will listen to me and get it set how I want it, but do that in a couple weeks.
Does it pull to the left?

looks great! Did you checkout if any implications on vw warranty?
It should only impact any Suspension warranty from VW, if VW refuse to claim a warratnty case I believe they have to provide sufficient evidence that the change to suspension caused the fault.

With my fridge for example, they shouldn't refuse a warranty claim on the fridge because of suspension etc.

and the Koni setup from Steve has a 2 year warranty.

Tyres and bushes. Problem is I did both at the same time. However the short distance on new CC lead to believe the problem was more tyre related with the Bridgestones that I was running on.

Now have these on my Volvo and again, when worn, very camber senstive.