Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 side awning

R

ROB

VIP Member
i have just bought 3 side awning from ebay,

i was wondering if i should also buy a tie down kit for the awning itself?

your comments appreciated

Everything should be in the bag that you need :thumb

I cant speak highly enough of this awning, an excellent piece of kit

thank you, if not too windy is it ok to leave up all night?

I don't bother with the tie down kit as the awning is pegged down both sides holding it firm
The only time I use the tie down is if I am not using the sides :thumb

Yes I have all 3 sides and I close them in and leave my toilet,table and chairs out all night

i thought the sides pegged down would help, just wanted a second opinion, cheers

thanks will test it out soon then

Not as yet. Obviously common sense comes in and if it was windy I would take the sides off
Only a 2 minute job as those who watched me at cali's en champagne during the storm can verify :thumb

Don't forget folks you get the 10% discount ordering through the forum rather than ordering through our ebay store :D

Calikev said:
I leave it like this at night

That looks really good. Just searching through I am adding to my list of required options. Where are the details to order these, also looking at the thermal windscreen covers for our trip to Austria at New Year.

That on top on winter tyres and the trip is suddenly becoming quite expensive! :shocked

I've just received the awning panel kit from Comfortz. Its looks great, very well constructed. The storage bag and peg bags are a great addition to the kit and I cant wait to start using.

I also have to say, the service from Nick was first class, so a big thank you :thanks

Thanks a lot for the feedback :thumb Glad you like them!

Not sure if its a silly question but why are the panels so short? all the pics I've seen of them look like theres a good 5/6 inch gap at the bottom, i've had other awnings and campers before and I've never seen them like this?

Hi Rippers,
The sides come down and touch the floor but if the floor is uneven then this can cause a gap, Lets say the ground runs away on the awning side and you'd need to adjust the height of the awning legs to suit. However we have recently updated the awning kit for 2014 with additional skirts (Like a normal caravan type awning) which helps eradicate this.

Hopefully the picture below will help explain a little better.

:thanks

Nick

IMG_1127_zpscc128605.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1127_zpscc128605.jpg
    IMG_1127_zpscc128605.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 44
Couple more questions for you, I don't think they do but can the panels zip on to each other where they meet in the corners? Do you supply a ground sheet that fits the area?

The corners fasten together with Velcro to fully enclose.

Back