Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3rd seat rail in the floor

Y

youboughtwhat

Can anyone advise me if the 3rd seat rail is standard after a certain date. As stated in my earlier threads intent on getting a california but need the 5th seat and when looking at 2nd hand it's never clear in the pics. May still buy new as the way they hold their value seems to for once indicate this is a good option but would hate to dismiss a used through lack of knowledge.
Thanks in advance

Not sure exactly but i think all 2014 models had 3 rails. Lots of used calis have 3 rails though.

Are you after a Cali Beach or SE? Are they different? I don't know but somebody will. :thumb

Mines a 2014, about 3 months old and it only has two rails. Dealer said you need to spec the third rail, and he didn't!

Paul

paulg said:
Mines a 2014, about 3 months old and it only has two rails. Dealer said you need to spec the third rail, and he didn't!

Paul

I think you've said previously that you have a 4 motion. 4 motions don't come with 3 rails as the extra seat is not an option in them.

Been told it's standard now which is a pain as I don't want it :headbang

Think it changed around 2012/13.

Before then you only got 3 rails if you ordered the extra seat.

T

Looby said:
paulg said:

Paul

I think you've said previously that you have a 4 motion. 4 motions don't come with 3 rails as the extra seat is not an option in them.

Yes I do have a 4 motion so that makes sense. Doesn't sound like the dealer knew about that though!

Was a similar thread here a while back.

If you are getting a carpet then you can order the 2 rail one and the 3rd rail will be covered.

I don't want to buy a carpet I want to buy a van but don't want to necessarily ring every seller to ask if it has the 3rd rail as we 100% need the 5th seat. I know you can no longer spec a four motion with a 5th seat so I therfore assume they are off my list I think that from 2014 all non four motions have the 3rd rail but not sure when it became the norm. Thanks for the replies so far. Ps anyone ever retro fitted the 3rd rail ?? :thanks

youboughtwhat said:
I don't want to buy a carpet I want to buy a van but don't want to necessarily ring every seller to ask if it has the 3rd rail as we 100% need the 5th seat. I know you can no longer spec a four motion with a 5th seat so I therfore assume they are off my list I think that from 2014 all non four motions have the 3rd rail but not sure when it became the norm. Thanks for the replies so far. Ps anyone ever retro fitted the 3rd rail ?? :thanks

Doh, think i replied to the wrong thread somehow.?!

Back