Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting a 3rd seat rail in T5 SE DIY?

Tom Rae

Tom Rae

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have a T5 California and I want to use a 5th seat occasionally however I only have two rails and I understand a 3rd is required (as well as a seat of course). Has anyone done this on here? Is there is a VW kit of parts available?

Tom

That's strange i have a T5 SE130 and it has 3 rails, is your a 4 WD?
The extra rail was an option, lots of SEs only have two rails. All except the 4WD Oceans have the third rail as standard.

The extra rail was an option, lots of SEs only have two rails........................
This suggests to me it should be a relatively easy retro fit on a T5, mine is not the 4wd version which I understand does create problems.

Tom

I would imagine its quite a big job as first all the kitchen units would probably need to be removed. You would need a new floor as well as the extra rail The floor sits on top of the rails which are bolted through to plates on the van underside.
This place http://www.oxfordt5.co.uk/ has a good reputation for similar conversion work so maybe worth contacting him.

I would imagine its quite a big job as first all the kitchen units would probably need to be removed. You would need a new floor as well as the extra rail The floor sits on top of the rails which are bolted through to plates on the van underside.
This place http://www.oxfordt5.co.uk/ has a good reputation for similar conversion work so maybe worth contacting him.
Cheers Owen H Oxford is a fair distance from me (Edinburgh) and the price quoted suggests it is not too big a job. I read elsewhere that the kitchen units do not need to be disturbed but I cannot verify this.

Tom

I believe Oxford t5 have fitted rail system to a van they converted. He used to be a member on here & discussed it here. Try a search & you should find it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back