Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 decades later....

T

tonyhowell

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi everyone!

After 4 years with a 1988 T25 Bilbo conversion and then the last 12 years with my beloved 1986 Westfalia (LHD) we find ourselves collecting a new Beach Camper this Wednesday.

38 years between them, It's going to be a different experience - but the Beach will allow us both to use the Camper as Sarah (My partner) won't drive the LHD Westy!

One question...... T25 owners generally acknowledge each other on the road with a flash and a wave. Does such etiquette exist in the California world?

Safe and happy camping to you all.
Tony

• Welcome
Reactions: Sad
Does such etiquette exist in the California world?
Only between myopic Cali owners and Transporter driving plumbers with their copper in a awning like accessory ;)

Seriously, many do wave if spotted in time. Certainly when overtaking on a motorway etc

Only between myopic Cali owners and Transporter driving plumbers with their copper in a awning like accessory ;)

Seriously, many do wave if spotted in time. Certainly when overtaking on a motorway etc
Haha - I'll try and pay careful attention!

I've had more frantic waves since driving a motor home (2 months) than I ever did in a California (7 Years)!

They've all got these "Kenny Everett" style big hands now as well. I told my missus that if she gets one she can learn what her walking boots are for!